Hoboken Week in Review: 12/8/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – December 8, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 8, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Trashy way to waste taxpayer money – Hoboken shells out tons of YOUR money to buy “doomed to fail” robotic trash cans. Listen to me now, or hear from me later! (Hans & Frans)
- NYC Tolls go up – They got commuters by the kahounas!
- Dangerous Hoboken Intersections – How long before an avoidable pedestrian death?
- Jersey City Project: Market – Seems like our neighboring city is more friendly to businesses and residents.
Updates & Events
- McLoone’s Pier House – Coming soon to uptown waterfront!
- Dining out in Hoboken – How often do you indulge?
- La Brasserie French Restaurant – Supposedly coming to the Sky Club downtown next year.
- Business Watch List – Which shops in Hoboken are on shaky ground?
- A’Putia Italian Cafe – Even if you hate cannoli – you’ll love ’em here!
- Readers Circle 2014 – Bust out the reading glasses – you have six books assigned to you!
- Blast from the Past – A demolished tuxedo shop sign reveals some tasty Hoboken history.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Amazing. No 3D movies this week? What?