Bella Ro

Bella Ro no more at 521 Washington in Hoboken

Not sure if it was a new family member on the way or just the decline of the economy – but ladies clothing boutique Bella Ro is No Mo in Ho Bo.

As recently as two days ago they proudly “Tweeted” 20% off all BCBG dresses, and today – they’re empty. I guess when superficial girly fashion blogs glom on you, it’s a sign of certain doom! Watch out business owners!

She did good for a lot longer than most, that’s for sure (almost eight years!)

I just wonder if these female “boutique” owners hope for a bond-trader dude to swoop them off their feet so they can do “other” work than run a retail store (like a baby, which is probably a lot more work than that!)

Bella Ro Hoboken Closed

Description: Trendy and affordable ladies… For Rent
Location: 521 Washington St., Hoboken, NJ 07030 Maybe their Summit, NJ location is in business still?
Phone: 201-222-6833
Web: www.bella-ro.com

Bella Ro opens in Hoboken, NJ

12/21/2007:

New ladies clothing store Bella Ro has taken the place of the previous Platinum Real Estate location. What? A realtor left town? I had to check my watch and my personal GPS unit to make sure it’s 2007, and I’m actually still in Hoboken.

Previous images of Bella Ro in better times:

hoboken-bella-ro-sign.JPG

bella-ro-hoboken.JPG

1. Hoboken chick says:

Is anything actually affordable in this shop?

2. kooky kat says:

Look, there’s free chamgagne and hors d’vourves and you don’t even have to donate to a cause!! 😈

There’s some cute stuff in all these new little shops, little being the operative word, if you are bigger than a size 6, you probably aren’t going to find too many things that fit!

3. bokenbabe01 says:

stopped in a few times…the stuff is cute and everything is pretty much under $50- they seem to run out of small sizes fast.

4. Cat says:

I had a similar experience at Galatea several years ago. Never went back.

5. nyrangersfan19 says:

I had a similar experience at Galatea several years ago. Never went back.[/quote]

Instead of looking for dresses in a size 14, you should be looking for a treadmill. 😈

6. Katie_Scarlett says:

:twisted:[/quote]
    that’s retarded. How do you know she’s not 10′ tall?

7. debra says:

[quote comment=”64208″]Is anything actually affordable in this shop?[/quote]

Why don’t you ask the person you will be campaigning for when he/she tries to run for mayor, maybe he/she can give you an advance in order for you to afford something there. 😛

8. Hoboken chick says:

[quote comment=”64346″][quote comment=”64331″][quote comment=”64297″][quote comment=”59187″]once I went into a now-defunct dress shop on Washington Street and the woman there literally stuck her nose up in the air and sniffed when I asked her if she had anything in a size 14.[/quote]

:twisted:[/quote]
    that’s retarded. How do you know she’s not 10′ tall?[/quote]

HA!!

9. Hoboken chick says:

[quote comment=”64347″][quote comment=”64208″]Is anything actually affordable in this shop?[/quote]

Why don’t you ask the person you will be campaigning for when he/she tries to run for mayor, maybe he/she can give you an advance in order for you to afford something there. :P[/quote]

I can see my affiliation with “the ranger” has already cost me some good will. :mrgreen:

10. nyrangersfan19 says:

:twisted:[/quote]
    that’s retarded. How do you know she’s not 10′ tall?[/quote]

That’s true. She could have been one of the SEVERAL 10 feet tall women I have seen in Hoboken lately. :roll: :roll:

11. elainetyger says:

:twisted:[/quote]

Dude, why do you care if I’m fat when are you messing with the one person here who stuck up for you?

12. collrobandlola says:

:mrgreen:

Very cute store.
    Prices are very reasonable compared to Jesse James a few stores down!
    Love how it’s decorated and the clothing is nice quality.

13. koru.wedding says:

I shopped at Bella Ro for the first time on Monday & I was very impressed with the good selections, great prices & friendly service. I found the perfect dress for a casual beach wedding, plus a few extra fun things. Several people had recommended Bella Ro to me but due to my local store keeping the same hours, I’d never had the chance to stop in. If you haven’t shopped there yet, stop by & check it out!