Hoboken Week in Review: 9/22/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – September 22, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 22, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- 3rd Street Homicide – Solved, thanks to video surveillance footage!
- Ravi Bhalla – Ethics – Those two are NOT synonymous.
- World War Zimmer – Dawn of the Dead – the latest political cartoon.
- High School EMT dropped – Great educational program and city resource killed by the reformers.
- Sinatra Park construction rush – Mayor wants field done for ribbon-cutting campaign photo ops.
- Hoboken walkways – Crumbling, while Weehawken is nice and maintained!
- Stevens Dog Park – Falls apart at the seams, dogs escape when city botches repairs.
Updates & Events
- Bareburger – Coming to Hoboken this winter! All organic!
- Peanut Butter Boy – Tastiest peanut butter born in Hoboken.
- La Boulange at Starbucks – New pastries – so so.
- Brave Bright Theater Kids – Acting classes in Hoboken for kids 4 – 11 years.
- The Hunt – Hoboken bars offer spots at the annual Far Hills Race Meetup.
- Hoboken Sunsets – Among some of the beautiful photos taken in the last week. Not tainted by Instagram, either!
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Annual Farmers Markets are “rounding third” in baseball speak… Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – New! Pay full price for movies already on TV!