Hoboken Week in Review: 7/28/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – July 28, 2013
If you’ve got nothing to do later, today’s your last chance to check out the annual St. Ann’s Festival!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 28, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- SkyClub Pool Party Mayhem – Massive brawl after hundreds of drinking party revelers blow a fuse for some nonsensical reason. Residents NOT pleased.
- Bob Dylan plays Hoboken – Now that wasn’t as intimate as a show at Maxwell’s was it? Also – How much did the city get per ticket?
- Ruben Ramos opens campaign HQ – Hoboken’s alternative to Zimmer, who flopped in her four years as amateur Mayor.
- Stolen Bikes in Hoboken – A problem many residents have.
- Hoboken getting filthier – High taxes don’t seem to cover basic services anymore. Oh well.
Updates & Events
- Diana’s Café – Quaint local dinette doomed. Sad.
- India on the Hudson – Closed. Lease up. Didn’t renew. Looking for new spot. Over.
- Maxwell Memories: – Big updates revealed from the Maxwell’s archives last week:
- Rosticeria Da Gigi – Fresh or prepared Italian meals. Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!
- State Boutique – New place for threads for men and women.
- Soon Dar Secrets – A new salon with beauty supplies and “tips” to not look like a pig.
- K9dergarten – More doggie day care. Why do people get dogs in the city anyway? It’s sort of not fair.
- The Tape Artist – Unique artistic creations right in the mile square.
- St. Ann’s Festival – Last day today!
- Ongoing Hoboken Farmers’ Markets – The summer-long freshness continues: Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Some decent flicks this weekend at least.