Hoboken Week in Review: 7/21/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on July 21st at 05:55 am
Week in Review
Hoboken Week in Review – July 21, 2013
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 21, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Doggie Divisiveness – Pooches are a contentious subject in Hoboken. Or is it the pretentious dog owners?
- Shoddy Hoboken Skyline? – Some may say our city dropped the ball.
- Favorable Trash Treatment? – Micro-managing how rubbish is discarded is a loathsome subject.
- Dead Hoboken Trees – A regular occurrence it seems.
- Busted Hoboken Water Mains – Also a common sight. Should add to tourism fliers.
Updates & Events
- Maxwell Memories: – More gold uncovered from the Maxwell’s archives last week:
- Is your kid a nasty snot? – Then enroll them in “etiquette classes!”
- Schnackenberg’s – “The Schnack” gets a new target date to re-open.
- UFC Gym – Formerly called “L.A. Boxing.”
- Work it Out Fitness – Expands to a 2nd larger location.
- Classic Harbor Lines – A first! Regular NYC cruises right from the shores of Hoboken!
- St. Ann’s Festival – The annual Italian fun fest begins this week.
- Ongoing Hoboken Farmers’ Markets – The trio of farm fresh food offerings continues: Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Why are movie tickets so costly? Might be cheaper to wait till Blu Ray release.