Hoboken Week in Review: 5/26/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – May 26, 2013
Are you enjoying your extended Memorial Day Weekend so far? Hope so!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 26, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Reeling Hoboken Piers – Still in disrepair more than half a year since Hurricane Sandy.
- Pier C Electricity – Meanwhile, one of our closed piers is lit up as bright as day. For who?
- Bigotry in Hoboken? – One gay resident feels the world hates him and harasses him. Residents discuss further.
- Hoboken a bicycle friendly community? – One bike group thinks so. Just because paint is on the ground?
- Other Hoboken photos – More new pics in the Hoboken411 gallery…
Updates & Events
- Mod Cup Coffee – Awesome, locally roasted coffee for your soul.
- Club H Files Chapter 11 – Local gym seeks bailout to remain operational.
- Slider Shack – Mini sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Coming late 2013.
- Sole Salon – Looking to upgrade, moving a few doors north.
- Verde Vita – New Italian “cafeteria” also coming this fall (on the avenue).
- Poplar Wood Farm – Well-liked vendor at Hoboken Farmers’ Market upgrades their farm!
- Clearview Cinemas – Some “summer blockbusters” to choose from…
Wake-up Quote of the Week:
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”