Hoboken Week in Review: 5/5/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – May 5, 2013
If you haven’t already been 100 times – today’s the Hoboken Spring Arts & Music Festival. Essentially the same exact event twice a year – but worth checking out at least a couple times if you’re new in town!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 5, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken water main break – Happened once again. This time “construction accident.” At least the dogs had fun!
- New Hoboken traffic signals – This is why we had the water main break. Hopefully there won’t be three more!
- David Roberts Mantaloking house – Finally gets demolished after squatting in the new bay for six months.
- Hoboken telephone poles and property value – Some residents shocked to come home and find wires and crap right in front of their window. Ruined “views” to boot.
- Incomplete Hoboken road work – The steel plates that litter our roads literally keep residents up at night!
- Other Hoboken photos – See some new pics that made the Hoboken411 gallery this week…
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Montessori School – Expanding to second location in the fall.
- Just 4 Kids Hair Salon – Opening soon at Monroe Center.
- Mad One Jacks – Opens up second location near PATH station.
- Bwe Kafe – Opens tomorrow!
- Old Grand Bakery – On Willow Ave. rumored to become new gym or fitness center.
- Citiscape Development – Building a new condo down on Monroe and Newark Streets.
- Zeni Day Spa – Took the place of the doome.
- Hoboken Dhaba – A new Indian restaurant to grace Washington Street.
- Clearview Cinemas – Three flicks playing this week.
Wake-up Quote of the Week:
“Missing a train is only painful if you run after it! Likewise, not matching the idea of success others expect from you is only painful if that’s what you are seeking.”