Hoboken Week in Review: 11/25/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 05:57 am on November 25, 2012
Weekly “Sandy” Recap for Hoboken, NJ – November 25, 2012
For the FOURTH week in a row – Hurricane Sandy still getting mentioned in many stories – but seems to be slowing down. When will Hoboken be 100% back to normal?
Here’s some of what happened in the past (slow Thanksgiving) week…
Is Sandy still affecting your life in Hoboken, NJ?
- Zimmer scrams; others clean – The Mayor took a vacation, exhausted from doing TV interviews.
- Laundromats tight after Sandy – Some residents felt schooched by their laundry facilities – as competition heated up.
- Black Friday worth it for who? – The crazy shopping day always results in violence.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade – Did you see the annual tradition? How about from an insiders perspective?
- It’s a Wonderful Life – Don’t forget to see this holiday classic with your family this year!
- Hoboken EMS hit hard! – Consider your first line of help when deciding where to spend your donation dollars this year.
- Cal’s Christmas Trees – Is back with the freshest trees available in Hoboken.
- Michelangela’s has your Xmas decorations – A longtime favorite is back with a Christmas pop up store.
- Hoboken Police Toy Drive – HPD holds an event for the less fortunate in December.
- PATH woes solved by FERRY – A little walking saves residents a lot of headaches after Sandy.
- Joe Biden bites pizza slice – Our VP, doing his duty: Photo ops and canned speeches. Then leaves town after saying “we” need to rebuild.
Today in History
- 1963: President John F. Kennedy was laid to rest. Wonder what our country would have been like if he was never rubbed out like that…
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a friggin’ cross? It’s like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.”
– Bill HicksHoboken NJ