Hoboken Week in Review: 10/7/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 05:51 am on October 7, 2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – October 7, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 7, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Minority Bikers – A small percentage of the Hoboken population uses bikes – yet so much time and money is invested in them. Why?
- Stevens to expand Hoboken Population – 1500 more students. Great for bars & restaurants – but how about parking and other quality of life issues?
- No Dogs allowed! – At Hoboken City Hall.
- Nothing is safe – Even plants are targets for petty thieves.
- Skate Park Breach – Our local spot for boarders is insecure.
- 2012 Presidential Election – Make sure you turn of the TV so you don’t get brainwashed.
- Rubber Stamp Doyle – The Mayor basically appoints an insider to the public council.
- Illegal Domino’s – Cheap pizza joint clogs the mile square roadways.
Updates & Events
- Here are some fun events happening TODAY:
- Field Station Dinosaurs – Have you seen that wild exhibit in Secaucus yet?
- Family Night at Arthur’s – Local steakhouse inviting your and your kids for a fun dinner!
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
- Hoboken Oktoberfest – It’s still October, believe it or not!
Today in History
- On this day in 2007, Hoboken411 uncovered how wasteful then NJ Governor Jon Corzine was up by the Hudson Tea Bulding!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals.”
– Oscar WildeHoboken NJ