Hoboken Labor Day Week in Review
Posted by: Hoboken411 on September 3rd at 05:52 am
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – Labor Day Weekend 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the past week:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken schools poorly ranked – Near the bottom of the state – and ranked the worst school district in the country…
- Residents hate Jackson Street – And cars are ignoring the bike lanes which cause massive traffic jams!
- Hurricane Isaac – Will we experience any of the residual flooding?
- Bogus parking tickets – A local business thinks it’s cute to trick drivers…
- I Hate Bicyclists – A really funny anti-bicyclist blog emerges. Hilarious!
- Nonsensical rankings for Hoboken – When you see a top 10 list from the mainstream media – look the other way!
- Christie Keynote – Our tubby Gov gives a nutty speech at the RNC – some people feel Chris Christie is a sham and shouldn’t be re-elected…
Updates & Events
- Little Town New Jersey – Coming this fall to the waterfront, we scoured the Garden State for three days to find the best of the best:
- UPS Store – Coming soon to handle all your packing and shipping needs.
- Garden Street Dance – Fun stuff for your expressive kids to do this fall!
- Armor All on your feet – You ever notice how slippery your feet get after walking by a Hoboken car wash?
- Hoboken Photo of the Day – More new mile square visuals this week…
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing this weekend!
- Hoboken Italian Festival – Coming next weekend to the Hudson River waterfront…
Today in History
- 2007: Verizon FiOS first became available in Hoboken. Happy 5th Anniversary! You’ve made us all very happy!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.”
– Thomas Jefferson