Hoboken Week in Review: 8/26/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 on August 26th at 05:56 am
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – August 26, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 26, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Obnoxious bikers – Have you noticed how pushy some people who ride bikes on sidewalks are?
- Online defamation can cost you! – As some Zimmer bloggers are up against – if you say false and libelous things about people, you might get into some hot water.
- Hurricane Isaac – Where oh where will windy Isaac go? Will we feel any impact whatsoever?
- Navy eyes in the sky – A military blimp trolled our skies last week…
Updates & Events
- Eli Manning enjoys Hoboken eats – Takes family to a popular uptown restaurant.
- Hoboken Italian Festival – Coming soon to the Hudson River waterfront…
- Tomato Festival – TODAY uptown.
- Kings expands – Supermarket grows (along with food prices)
- Hoboken Photo of the Day – More new mile square visuals this week…
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
Today in History
- 1920: Women received the right to vote in the United States, thanks to the 19th Constitutional Amendment.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Libel actions, when we look at them in perspective, are an ornament of a civilized society. They have replaced, after all, at least in most cases, a resort to weapons in defense of a reputation.”
– Henry Anatole Grunwald