Hoboken Week in Review: 7/29/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 on July 29th at 05:57 am
Week in Review
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – July 29, 2012
Don’t forget to check out the awesome Ricardo Roig Art Show opening today!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 29, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Ethics laws violated at Hoboken City Hall? – Evidently, Mayor Zimmer and Councilman Bhalla are dancing to the conflict of interest soundtrack…
- HazMat Hoboken – Some mystery powder on Garden Street uptown.
- Parking Boot BS – Car gets wrecked because of dopey parking boot.
- Pier A Park (or is it Arena?) – 15,000+ people is a LOT for a waterfront pier!
- More Summer Storms – No flooding, but nice photos!
Updates & Events
- Jennifer Lopez chills on Hoboken Waterfront – As she kicks off a leg of her music tour with Enrique Iglesias.
- Yankee Ferry on the boob tube – A Hoboken landmark featured on (you guessed it), a reality TV program.
- Love & Yogurt reviewed – Not bad for those who like sweets. Even low-carbers can dabble.
- Sprint Wireless – Opens up a new shop on the Avenue.
- Lana Lounge – What would you build there if you owned that spot?
- Clearview Cinemas – More movie debuts.
- Movies Under the Stars – Canceled this coming week for Mumford & Sons.
Today in History
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.”
– Thomas Jefferson