Hoboken Week in Review: 4/8/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – April 8, 2012
Happy Easter everyone!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Easter Sunday, April 8, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Corea gets 7 year sentence – For his role in the Hoboken missing quarter controversy.
- Uptown Progress Report – Latest updates for various projects in North Hoboken.
- Kids at the dog park – Parents ought to leave them home!
- Armed Robbery – Video captures a mile square holdup at a liquor store.
- City Connector – Now you can walk to Weehawken without getting hit by a car!
- HPU Offenders – HPU still parking illegally while they steal your cash.
- Obama moves Scooby Van! – Mr. Prez apparently got involved with an vomit-colored van.
Updates & Events
- Saturday Family Farmers Market – Coming this Summer uptown!
- Digable Arts Festival – Coming in two weeks at the Monroe Center!
- Trim Barbershop – “BnR Barber” on First Street downtown.
- Studio Z Salon – Returns to the downtown salon scene after a few year sabbatical.
- Tiny Paws Powder Puff – A strange name for a dog grooming parlor.
- 1FiftyFive – Ladies concept clothing shop (Shhh! It’s trendy stuff!)
- Hoboken Photo of the Day – What visuals did we see this week?
- Clearview Cinemas – What movies are showing this weekend? (NEW! Online ticketing!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low-carb reviews, tips, tricks and snacks continue – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you! If you haven’t started – you can still start today!
Today in History
- 1906: The first official victim of Alzheimer’s Disease dies. She probably ate way too much sugar and didn’t live a low carb life!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us.”