Hoboken Week in Review: 4/1/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – April 1, 2012
For those looking for an “April Fool’s Day Joke” like we’ve done many times over the past six years – don’t worry. We have a funny “real life” situation coming soon. Plus, social media and the internet has kind of ruined the whole “surprise factor” of AFD jokes in years past…. with that being said….
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, April 1, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Online Permits Suck in Hoboken – Our online permit process is ripe for identity theft!
- Outdoor Eating in Hoboken – What does the city provide for the costly permits?
- Southwest marinated park ripoff? – The Mayor promised a park – she only delivered marinated beef loins. Do you want your (vote) or money back?
- Torture kids for what purpose? – Some ridiculous drill at Hoboken High left many kids needed adult diapers.
- Mega Millions – The largest jackpot in the history of human civilization (at least on monetary terms).
Updates & Events
- Worst retail block in Hoboken? – You voted on which sucked the most!
- The Fig Tree – New “basement” restaurant coming to Park Ave.
- Hotel Victor – The old Hobson’s gets new owners and a slick makeover.
- Low Carb Legal Beans – Ordinary coffee shop gets nice meats.
- Nektar Crystals – Hoboken born business wants to give honey to the masses.
- HeartBeat Style – Didn’t survive in the Mile Square
- Who is Vinny? – Graffiti like tags pepper Hoboken.
- Ruby and Jenna – Opens up in Midtown (for the ladies).
- Planet Fitness – Finishes up their makeover.
- Corporate Realty – Set to move to a larger location.
- The Beauty Spot – A new salon set to open.
- Hoboken Photo of the Day – What visuals did we see this week?
- Clearview Cinemas – What movies can you choose from this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low-carb reviews, tips, tricks and snacks continue – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you! If you haven’t started – you can still start today!
Today in History
- 1976: Apple Computer was formed. Are you thankful for your indoctrination?