Hoboken Week in Review: 12/11/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 11, 2011
Just TWO weeks left until Christmas Day – Are you making dents in your shopping lists?
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 11, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken residents getting poorer – As HUMC Hospital starts pulling insurance carriers in preparation for luxury condos.
- NY Waterway terminal opens – The Lackawanna Terminal restoration is complete. Go check it out!
- Toy Drive & Pajama Program – Hoboken Family Alliance helping those in need this holiday season.
- Parking gone wild in Hoboken – Non-essential city employees continue parking illegally while you get fat $200 tickets and boots. Hypocricy!
Business Updates & Events
- Sol Caribe – Latin Fusion Cooking – Hoboken’s newest restaurant opens up in Midtown.
- W. Kodak Jewelers – Holiday Collection – Check out what Hoboken’s highest-end jeweler has on tap for your sweetie.
- Liberty Bar – Lounge-like makeover for uptown bar & restaurant.
- Robert Jenny Design – A peek into Hoboken’s hottest real estate designer & contractor.
- Whiteface Lodge – A total escape from Hoboken is only 5 hours north.
- Weekend Planner – If you need some suggestions on what to do with the last half of your weekend!
- Clearview Cinemas – Have you seen a flick uptown recently? It’s not so bad!
Today in History
- 1934: Bill Wilson – The Founder of Alcoholics Anonymous – has his very last drink! (Maybe some Hobokenites want to follow?)
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Promise little and do much.”