Black Friday in Hoboken
Novel Approach to Black Friday: Buy what you want!
Every year, “Black Friday” gets promoted heavier and heavier. Almost to the point where it’s everywhere and every place. No longer really much of anything special. Same goes for “Cyber Monday.”
So my novel suggestion is: when planning your Christmas shopping list, just decide what you want to get and where, and just buy it. Chances are it’ll be on some kind of sale. Don’t let the Black Friday hysteria dictate what you get and how! It can take a lot of stress out of the whole purchasing process. Just my $0.02.
Top 5 Tips for Black Friday in Hoboken
Here are some Hoboken411 tips related to holiday shopping in and around Hoboken:
- Pick a nice day and WALK around Hoboken. Yes, that’s right! Don’t rely on email blasts, Facebook updates or anything else. Get off your computer, put on some comfortable clothes and walk, see and feel the city streets of Hoboken. Go into stores you’ve never been to. Grab a bite to eat on the Avenue. And support local businesses. You’d be pleased to know that pretty much each store will have some kind of holiday sale, and you’ll leave a happy customer.
- Can’t decide? Gift Certificates! Even if you don’t leave a store with the perfect holiday present – you can still support local business and restaurants by picking up a nice gift certificate as well. Think about how much easier it is to carry and wrap, too! (You can thank me later!)
- Parking OK this weekend – HORRIFIC all other times. If you’re thinking about doing some of your Christmas shopping in Hoboken this year – THIS is the weekend to do it. Because through Sunday, parking permit regulations have been suspended. Just park legally and shop to your heart’s content. However, if you come any other day until the holidays are over – expect to become $218 poorer, as the city will ROB YOU BLIND.
- Hate retail shopping? Amazon.com is your place then! For those nauseous about retail shopping, your single best place to buy everything is Amazon.com. From hot items like the new Kindle Fire, toys, electronics and just about anything else you can think of at essentially the best prices, delivery time and customer service. Click one of these handy links to find out more (and support 411 in the process!)
- When in doubt? Drink! If you’re even 1% unsure of what this whole “Black Friday” means, just bag it all and do your shopping the week before Christmas. A nice relaxing alcoholic beverage while everyone else is going bonkers today may be just what the doctor ordered!
Happy Holiday Mayhem, everyone!