Hoboken Week in Review: 11/20/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – November 20, 2011
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, November 20, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Divisive Council – City administration expects full support – despite lack of transparency. And you wonder why there’s a political divide in this municipality?
- More Hoboken Reality TV – Hoboken Baker Marissa Lopez takes part in a Cake Boss spin-off series on TLC.
- Another Happy Day – Hoboken Native Ezra Miller has a role in a major motion picture that opens this weekend.
Business Updates & Events
- Planet Fitness – El Cheapo Gym coming soon to the Avenue.
- Bar Crawl – to Bermuda? – A bunch of adventurous Hobokenites organized a cruise to get your booze on!
- Monroe Center Revitalization – Artists thrilled the dingy “art community” now getting some real love and attention!
- Tribal Home – Fabulous Egyptian Rugs on the cheap!
- Canned Food for Beer – Village Pourhouse bribing people to bring in canned for for the needy – in exchange for some cold beer.
- Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Wonder if Mayor Zimmer will waste more taxpayer-funded attorneys to sue the movie studio for using her name? Wouldn’t put it past her!
- Cats of the Week – Are you ready to adopt some felines?
Today in History
- 1789: New Jersey became the first U.S. State to ratify the Bill of Rights. Funny thing is – we have less rights 222 years later! What the heck?
- 1985: Microsoft Windows 1.0 is released. It only took them about 25 years to finally make a stable version! Miracles do happen.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.”