Hoboken Week in Review – 7/8/2007
Summer is here in full force this coming week, and only time will tell if this list will be peppered next week with nutty incidents that coincide with delirium-inducing heat.
Vehicular incidents surging despite the slow holiday week. What else was covered?
Feel free to send tips, rants, comments, and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com. You can even buy 411 a drink now!
News, items of importance:
- Burn – Homeless folks set fire to the old PATH service station.
- Brooklyn in the House – The last update about the pool that was supposed to be in Hoboken.
- They Swear – Six City Council members sworn in for four years. Will it be the same six two months from now?
- Blind – City Hall was unknowingly promoting the sale of fireworks, which are illegal in New Jersey.
- No dogs for you – Why did the proposed dog run get nixed at 9th St.?
- Campos – “Decides” to leave his WNY job.
- Pupie-fied Party – Local developer and town celebrity throws his annual birthday bash by the river.
- Workout or get fat – Schedule of free Monday fitness classes at Pier A this summer.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Taking Summer off – Local dive bar Rogo’s renovates while people go to the beach.
- Ever so close – Helmer’s nudges closer to re-opening. Residents should flock once the doors are unlocked.
- Woof or Growl? – Added a local dog walker to the directory. Mixed responses ensue.
- Suspended – A First Street bar is shut down for two weeks.
- Temporal Lobe – Was probably suffering as these Hoboken Fire Department signs were prepared.
- 4.5 Million – Not Maxwell’s, but this corner building at 11th and Washington is for sale.
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Nothing this week
- Specials – Not a review, but a list of weekly drink specials at a place 411 has been frequenting often.
Reader Mail Bag:
- Trash – A reader gets upset at the garbage left behind at the political headquarters of a Council candidate.
- For rent – Is there such a thing as a good deal in Hoboken? Or is it the luck of the draw?
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Boom – A list of where to celebrate the 4th of July in the area. What did you do?
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Bad morning to ya! – A couple residents wake up to find their vehicles not quite the way they left them.
- Struck – Like bowling pins, pedestrians are becoming targets, even when five months pregnant.
- Fruity – A watermelon is the only victim in this close call at an intersection.
- Yelp! – This intersection victim had four legs, not two.
Recent Town Incidents: