Hoboken Week in Review: 10/23/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – October 23, 2011
Check out the Hoboken Weekend Planner for some suggestions for today – and read on to see what happened last week in town.
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 23, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Rent Control – Debate fires up again, as the public has a chance to vote on the issue on November 8th.
- Quality of life priorities – What does the city care more about – public safety, or whether your baby can sleep when you chose to live next to a popular bar?
- Graffiti uptick – Vandals tag people’s homes now in Hoboken. Guess street signs aren’t good enough anymore.
- Occupy what? – Do the Wall St. “occupiers” really know what is going on? Or just glomming on a social trend?
- 30 less parking spots – Maxwell Place nixes perfectly good parking spots.
- City Council – Held the usual Wednesday meeting.
- Parking big brother – Would electronic sensors help stop illegal parking in Hoboken?
Business Updates & Events
- The Mighty Macs – Hoboken resident Margaret Anne Florence has a role in a nationally released movie!
- Fall Basketball League – Hoboken has a new recreational program for hoops.
- Willow 14 – Mixed use Real Estate property update.
- Cats of the Week – Are you ready to adopt some felines?
- Lucy’s – Ladies clothing shop closes after many years.
- Dentist DePaola – Closes one location, combines operations.
- Salon Rouge – Set to move hair salon one block south in a couple months.
Today in History
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises.”