July 4th Fireworks?
Many people flock to see the Macy*s annual fireworks show over on the East River. It’s touted to be the largest display of pyrotechnics in America.
While it’s certainly an impressive feat, I find it a bit overwhelming. I prefer the smaller shows, such as the Hoboken Italian Festival (this year it’s on Saturday, September 8th). You’re closer to the action, it’s much louder.
For those that love the fiery missiles, here’s some local area action this week.
- Of course, the Macy*s Spectacular (but it’s not really fun to watch from Hoboken).
- There’s the annual Liberty State Park show – this year they were not allowed to have a barge, and will launch from within the park. Taking the Light Rail is recommended.
- The Meadowlands Fair has been going on the past week and a half, and I heard the fireworks there are supposed to be really good, too. Tonight and tomorrow are the fireworks.
- And if they still have spots, why not spend $200 and take a 5-hour Spirit Cruise? Departs from Weehawken and takes you to the middle of the Macy*s action.
- For those on more of a budget, could try the NYWaterway cruises too. $69 for adults. Leaves Hoboken at 7pm. Call to check availability.