Solar House at Stevens Institute
Ever wonder what that mini-building is along Sinatra Drive? Now you can get all the details in a workshop this week!
EmPowerHouse Solar Photovoltaic Workshop in Hoboken
This Thursday, August 25th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm, come learn about the technical and economic details necessary to understand and evaluate grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) installations.
(RSVP is required for attendance. Please register at www.stevens.edu/solarworkshop)
EMPOWERHOUSE is a collaborative project in which Stevens Institute of Technology is partnered with Parsons The New School for Design, Milano The New School for International Affairs Management and Urban Policy and Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. as a finalist in the Department of Energy’s 2011 Solar Decathlon Competition. EMPOWERHOUSE is a community-based approach to building affordable, site net-zero housing that addresses all aspects of domestic life. Visit www.empowerhouse-dc.org to learn more.
- Keith Sheppard, Assoc. Dean, School of Engineering and Science, Stevens
- Chris Steffens, Empowerhouse Faculty, Parsons The New School for Design
- David Vaccari, Dept. Director, Civil, Environmental and Ocean Engineering, Stevens
- Mark Byrd, HVAC Manager, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Ron Reisman, Renewable Energy Program Manager, NJ Clean Energy Program
- Andres Salas, Renewable and Energy Solutions, PSE&G