Hoboken Week in Review: 6/19/2011
Happy Humid Father’s Day in Hoboken!
Some kind of uncomfortable humid weather expected today. Some ideas for you if Dad is coming to town: Either enjoy some indoor culture (like the famous 7th Inning Stretch play today) or have a cool cocktail on the waterfront!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 19, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- FBI Nonsense Continues – Catch up on the latest FBI development.
- Hudson River Death – A man ended up in the river near Lackawanna Plaza – and died!
- Zimmer cans Director – Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer fired Jennifer Maier – because she didn’t have “professional puppet” on her resume.
- Suspicious – Ordinary household trash often leads to calls to police department.
- City Council – The Council voted to lower salaries of the Mayor & Director – to save taxpayers money. It was vetoed by Dawn Zimmer.
- Hoboken hates visitors – If you stay in Hoboken more than 4 hours, you’ll be 100’s of dollars poorer.
- Toxic Green Hoboken – Mystery fluid!
Business Updates & Events
- ShopRite – Some residents are fed up with poor management and long wait times at the local supermarket,
- Big Boobs – Do they make your restaurant experience better?
- “Artists Lofts” – More condos being built uptown.
- Dating in Hoboken – Where can you take a date – that doesn’t involve booze or food?
- Swabbing is safer than planking – Hoboken411 tries to start a new trend to replace the lying-down game.
- Hoboken Photographs – See the new entries for the Photo of the Day series.
- Weekend Movies – Movie times plus a preview of the Green Lantern 3D flick.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned – this is the sum of good government.”