Reporter Roundup – 4/23/2007
Continuing the ongoing series, here are some highlights from the 4/22/2007 edition of our local paper, The Hoboken Reporter.
I can’t wait until the elections are over.
- An overview of the 3rd Ward and 4th Ward Council candidates.
- A recap of the recent Board of Education election outcome. Talk about how this election often gives signs of how the Council election may turn out.
- Coverage of the recent flooding and how it’s turned into some political tension between Russo and Mayor Roberts.
- Speaking of which, there were 10 or more political advertisements, including the Mayor’s full back cover response to last week’s emergency and the chain of events (including a retort to Russo), and another ad paid for by Raia/Rosenberg against Russo concerning the local ShopRite Supermarket. Do people even read these?.
- One ad did catch my attention. The Hudson County Improvement Authority is having their “Household Hazardous Waste Collection Days”… Do NOT bring items such as: explosives, asbestos, infectious waste, and radioactive material. Who has those items at their house collecting dust???
- A small mention of the 4-alarm fire on Clinton St., but
- Full coverage of the 1000 day sea journey.
- Lots of political letters to the editor this week. Not much you don’t already know.
I still wish The Reporter would include an “Opinion” section, or are they not allowed to have one?