Hoboken Week in Review 1/28/2007
It finally reached single digits this Winter! Woo Hoo!
Read about the silly and not-so-silly things that happened in the last week.
The hotline for tips, comments, reader mail, stories and pictures is open 19.5 hours a day: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- De-construct this – Some woes over at the Construction Code Office.
- Hoboken Idol – The homeless guy and his pooch still getting talked about. New pics too.
- DumbHoboken.com – One of our City’s fruity arrangements makes CNN’s Top 101 Dumbest List.
- Bestest and Worstest – Hoboken wins some, and loses some.
- The Trickery Continues – City government has amazing staying power and can wear down the best of them.
- Useless Newspaper Article – About clamping down on expense reports. What next? Demerit points for fashion faux-pas by City Employees?
- Warm and Kleen – Local shop hosts a fun knitting class for the ladies today!
New or Coming Soon:
- Jose can you see! – Buddies Jose and Vlad open up a hair chopping factory.
- Movin’ on
upsideways – Word on street is that local pizza joint is re-configuring.
Doomed or closing soon:
- Not boomin uptown anymore – Local car pimping shop moves to the south side.
- Oh Gloria! – Guest reviewer schleps to Jersey City to grab some “el Grubo”.
- Savvy Cheating – Was forced to see another haircutter. Ends up being a review!
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Meow Re-mixed – Mischievous cat disappears. Comes back frail and skinny.
- A-Hob? – Rumors circulating that filthy rich and mediocre NY Yankee may hang some coats in Hoboken.
- Reminiscing – Some Hoboken B-n-R’s craft a list of memories.
- Bench This! – A Hoboken411 reader has a logical idea!
- Where? – A semi-lame photo quiz this week.
- Last Call – 411’s difficult quest to live without alcohol reaches the home stretch.
- Burned – A local business keeps us on our toes and forces security upgrade to rating system as they stuffed the ballot box.
- Notable – New feature: Best comments of the week. Make your recommendations daily!
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- This weeks notable incidents were in City Hall!
Recent Town Incidents:
- Incident Map – Peppered with tons of retardation and accidents.