Hoboken Week in Review: 12/12/2010
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 12, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Driving School FAIL – Maybe some people don’t drive cars for a reason? Because they stink at it?
- Park your behind – People are so desperate for parking spots, they’ll put their bodies in the way of harm.
- Residents Schmesidents – Residential side only parking ignored by contractors AND city hall. Joy to the world.
- Six Figure Nursery Rhymes – The city hires an unemployed soccer player to come up with nursery rhymes to lull people into slowing down. Who needs college anymore? Just go straight from kindergarten to City Hall!
Crime and Incidents
- Safe zone for deliveries – Tired of getting your packages nicked? See Benny Love!
- TWITTER – Many local crimes and incidents are reported *as they happen* here at Hoboken411 – but you need to follow that Twitter link to be tuned in for all of them!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Let’s move to Belgium – But you don’t have to! Fresh Pommes Frites opens on Washington Street!
- High End Hair – A Nick Arrojo certified hair sculpting salon opens in the Mile Square: Rebellations Studio.
- Juicy Carnivore Heaven – You will be ecstatic when you devour a Village Pourhouse hamburger!
- Not in Hoboken – Brooklyn Bread doomed and empty. Cake Boss related Pizza rumored to be coming soon.
- Realtor Irony – A former real estate office is for rent.
- Silver Screen Sunday – Don’t be depressed at home – spend some money and forget about the tribulations of life for a few hours – see a movie instead!
Other Hoboken Updates
- Never get a “REAL” Job! – Hoboken author and entrepreneur Scott Gerber shows you how to never work for “The Man.”
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“It is a socialist idea that making profits is a vice; I consider the real vice is making losses.”– Winston Churchill