Hoboken Week in Review 1/7/2007
It’s been two weeks since the Week in Review capsule was posted. Here we go, in a new year and on a new server! Thanks again to the thousands of readers who come to Hoboken411 for their daily fix of Hoboken!
The line for tips, comments and pics is always open: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- Biggest fire of 2006 – At 417 Jackson St.
- Holy Innocents – Several Hoboken residents want to learn more about this plan.
- Huge investigaion – About a bomb scare led to a big NYPD and FBI investigation.
- People for Open Goverment – Collecting signatures for very important changes in city resolutions.
- Automated bore – Adding further depth to the term “debacle”.
- “Mini” Park – How park maintenance magically turns in to “new open space”.
- NYE Fireworks – A great alternative to the usual New Years routine. Video and lots of pics.
New or Coming Soon:
- Garden of Eden – Opened up and immediately became the most crowded market in Hoboken.
- NYSC Uptown – Despite their fruity marketing, this gym is welcome uptown.
- Mercy Grill – Also opened and seems to be doing well so far as they’re packing them in!
- Sushi House Uptown – Not sure, I thought people like sushi, by judging by the comments, buzz is sub-par.
- Kidz City – A new daycare place that’s already teaching kidz to misspell.
- Classic Realty – Beefing up Hoboken’s super-army of agents to sell, sell, sell!
- Hoboken Dahn Yoga – Bring Korean philosophies to cure your woes.
- Ferraz and Subway – Temporarily close for renovations.
Doomed or closing soon:
- Echo of Art – They’re closing by choice. They’re closing by choice.
- Yapple’s Beach Cafe – Read as 411 goes through a three-day detox with fresh juice.
Fun, Games and Random Observations:
- Hoboken Year in Review – Tries to sum up what businesses bid farewell and who said hello!
- Downtime – Hoboken411 was off-the-air for 28 hours while server was upgraded. Thanks for all your patience!
- Local Predator – Gets some upgraded PR photos and a two-page spread in the Jersey Journal.
- New Years Resolutions – 411’s was to go 33 straight days without alcohol. What is yours?
Recent Town Incidents:
- Incident Map – One giant fire, reckless drivers, vandalism galore and dim-witted drunks. And?