Hoboken Week in Review: 8/22/2010
The Mile Square Recap
Weekly highlights of buzz-worthy stories in Hoboken!
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 22, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Municipal Mis-management – The saga continues with the Hoboken Municipal Garage, including:
- The city not vacating in time
- Bullying a small business trying to survive
- And still on the property a week after the deadline!
- Trashy – The street cleaning rules don’t apply Hertz Corner Cars – and it shows.
Crime and Incidents
- Cage Match! – A rare video look at what a typical drunken after-hours fight at a local diner looks like.
- Do you know where Emily is? – A Hoboken woman has apparently gone missing. Some wonder about the unknown details.
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Hmmmm, Hummus! – You heard it here first! A new restaurant called the “Hummus Bar” is coming to 630 Washignton St. this fall!
- Howl! – Wicked Wolf getting ready to open in mid-September.
- Fried Meat – Five Guys gets recognized in a Zagats survey.
- Free Concert Tonight – Wicked Wolf performs free tonight at Paul Vincent Studios downtown.
Other Hoboken Updates
- Mile Square Marathon? – Is a “long distance relationship” even possible in Hoboken? Quite possibly!
- Hoboken, No Jokin’! – Some background on the phrase you might be hearing.
- Wipe the seats with alcohol – Would a citywide bike sharing program work in Hoboken?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”– Mark Twain