Hoboken Week in Review: 6/20/2010
Last Day of Spring and Father’s Day in Hoboken!
Happy Father’s Day and welcome to the 218th weekly Hoboken411 Week in Review! What happened in your neighborhood?
What were some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 20, 2010?
- Connected? – The City is promoting Hertz hourly rental cars like they own them – All while Zip Cars have been around the city for the past 5 years. Hmmm.
- The Muni Garage Drama – Vegas Odds say that the city will play soft and recuse itself from any real responsibility for this political show.
- Parking Permit Scam? – Hoboken takes your hard earned money to serve spaces for moving trucks – but leaves you short changed.
- Not So Smooth – Lots of work (and money) goes into paving our skull-rattling streets – only to get dug up again. The problem? The city ignores the crumbling infrastructure underneath.
- Painless Laundry! – Awesome new service – Garment Valet – comes to Hoboken to ease your suffering with laundry and dry cleaning!
- Free Surfing! – Starbucks about to uncomplicate wireless web surfing at their baristas.
- Happy Beginnings – Another Chinese massage parlor added to the Hoboken directory.
Other Hoboken Updates
- CAKE OVERLOAD – Seems Cake Boss Buddy Valastro has the key to the city. His own street, movies at the pier – and traffic jams to celebrate cake batter, sugar and butter. Oh, and his show on the idiot box!
- Drunks cause damage – Another driver enjoys Hoboken booze, but doesn’t enjoy going to the hospital and jail.
- Hoboken Farmers Markets! – The Downtown Market (Tuesdays) starts on June 29th – and the Uptown Market (Thursdays) is in full swing already!
- GOALLLLLLLL! – World Cup Soccer is full swing – which 16 teams will make it to the second round?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”– Winston Churchill