City Council Meeting – 1/20/2010
City Council Meeting Tonight at 7pm
The meeting was joyfully short, albeit a snoozer. Many items were “tabled” once again, apparently due to the lack of organization to get things done at City Hall. See the video and chat recap archives after the jump.
See previous updates after the jump!
Live streaming video and chat!
Swing back around 7pm to see what goes on at City Hall during the council meetings (video will appear shortly before the meeting starts.) See Agenda and Resolution pack after the jump below…
411 here to help you prepare!
For those of you that like to do your early homework prior to each Hoboken City Council meeting – and felt depressed when you went to the City website only to find a bad link – Hoboken411 is here to help!
City Council Documents:
Been quite busy – but did a 10 second scan of what’s on tap. The usual tax overpayments & refunds (around $60k), some appointments, a resolution about moving the elections to November (hopefully), and various contracts awarded.
New landscaper comes to town?
One such contract is to replace the incumbent city landscaper (Hufnagel) with Donofrio & Son. Up front, it appears that the city will pay around a quarter million dollars less over the next two years.
Some legitimate questions off the top of anyone’s head might be:
- Why such a cost disparity?
- Were we truly over-paying for Hufnagel?
- Did anyone, anywhere get free personal services, gifts from Hufnagel in exchange for the contract?
- Or was that the true cost for keeping the city parks in such great condition?
- Will we see the park conditions deteriorate with the new contractor?
- Are there additional terms in the contract? (i.e., overtime, extras?)
- Is it possible to pay some contractors partially under the table to make it appear that money was saved? Or costs deferred to a later date?
And don’t forget to swing back on Wednesday for the wacky video and chat!