Christmas Trees coming soon!!

11/10/2009:

Ho Ho H-already?

You know it can’t be November without the onset of the 2009 Holiday Season, right?

One of the first signs of things to come is over at the Church of Holy Innocents at 528 Willow Ave., where the Tree Barn will once again set up the biggest selection of Christmas Trees and many other holiday decorations in Hoboken.

They’re set to open on November 20th at 10am. Be sure to swing by and check it out! (That is, if you’re even thinking about being in the “holiday spirit”)

christmas-trees-hoboken-nj-tree-barn-holy-innocents-528-willow-ave

17 Responses

  1. Stabone130 says:

    Only a dope would buy their Christmas tree in Hoboken — they’re usually 50% more than if you buy elsewhere. Some of the trees are close to $100 each….you can find the same kind of tree out of town for $50.

    And there’s better parking.

    • patssoxrevscelts says:

      I’m a dope. I’ll pay $50 extra any day for walking distance, delivery, and having someone put it in the stand.

      In response to Stabone130 who said:

      Only a dope would buy their Christmas tree in Hoboken — they’re usually 50% more than if you buy elsewhere. Some of the trees are close to $100 each….you can find the same kind of tree out of town for $50.

      And there’s better parking.

      • jc5201 says:

        I’m a dope too! I like getting my tree in town, delivered and set up. They deliver a Christmas faster than some of the pizza places in town!

        In response to patssoxrevscelts who said:

        I’m a dope. I’ll pay $50 extra any day for walking distance, delivery, and having someone put it in the stand.

      • midtownauthentic says:

        yes you are a dope, finally you are coming clean and being honest!! I appreciate your honesty

        In response to patssoxrevscelts who said:

        I’m a dope. I’ll pay $50 extra any day for walking distance, delivery, and having someone put it in the stand.

  2. gov says:

    exactly. tell me the place outside of town that will sell me the 10 foot tree, pack it up, deliver it, put it in the stand and do it for $50 less and i’ll buy from them.

  3. mooshu says:

    And just when I start to feel guilty about getting a small, real tree this year, I find this from the National Christmas Tree Association (didn’t even know there was one):

    “…you can use a renewable, recyclable natural product grown on farms throughout North America; or, you can use a non-renewable, non-biodegradable, plastic and metal product made in a Chinese factory. You pick. It is much better environmentally to use a natural agricultural crop and recycle it after the Holidays.”

  4. mooshu says:

    Oh, no. Not me. I’ve carried our tree home with nothing more than the help of an extra pair of hands. Love the challenge… and the smell of the tree. It’s fun.

    Then again, our tree of choice has never been larger than about 5-feet. Our ceilings are low.

    • patssoxrevscelts says:

      We did that one year. I had someone in from out of town so I signed them up to carry it back with me. It was definitely far more festive!

      In response to mooshu who said:

      Oh, no. Not me. I’ve carried our tree home with nothing more than the help of an extra pair of hands. Love the challenge… and the smell of the tree. It’s fun.

      Then again, our tree of choice has never been larger than about 5-feet. Our ceilings are low.

      • mooshu says:

        The first time we did that, it snowed. It was quite nice. :)

        In response to patssoxrevscelts who said:

        We did that one year. I had someone in from out of town so I signed them up to carry it back with me. It was definitely far more festive!

  5. Stabone130 says:

    the whole fun of getting a christmas tree is actually GETTING a christmas tree. if you have someone pack it up, deliver it, set it up….shit man, christmas must be a blast at your house. i guess they know the market here — yuppie christmas!

    • hbkn says:

      After reading this post and the dope post, i just was reminded of the meaning of Christmas. Name calling over where we buy our Christmas trees. Tis the season for peace on earth and good will towards men… or whatever, i guess. Yikes!

      In response to Stabone130 who said:

      the whole fun of getting a christmas tree is actually GETTING a christmas tree. if you have someone pack it up, deliver it, set it up….shit man, christmas must be a blast at your house. i guess they know the market here — yuppie christmas!

  6. mooshu says:

    And– AND– there’s always the fun of your tree coming out crooked because no matter how hard you try, it just doesn’t stand up as straight as you’d like it to. At least that’s what has happened to us. For two reasons: the first being that we suck at making a tree stand up straight, so we wind up leaning it against the wall a little (don’t tell)… and the second being that our building is so DAMN old that some of the floors are crooked.

    We laid a marble on the floor to prove that the floor was crooked, once. It rolled in one direction, all the way to the other side of a room.

    • midtownauthentic says:

      i think city hall may have a crooked issue too?

      In response to mooshu who said:

      And– AND– there’s always the fun of your tree coming out crooked because no matter how hard you try, it just doesn’t stand up as straight as you’d like it to. At least that’s what has happened to us. For two reasons: the first being that we suck at making a tree stand up straight, so we wind up leaning it against the wall a little (don’t tell)… and the second being that our building is so DAMN old that some of the floors are crooked.

      We laid a marble on the floor to prove that the floor was crooked, once. It rolled in one direction, all the way to the other side of a room.

      • mooshu says:

        We have very different issues. My floors = literally crooked :).

        In response to midtownauthentic who said:

        i think city hall may have a crooked issue too?

  7. interested says:

    My children and I have been buying from the guys at the Tree Barn for at LEAST 10 years. Even when the kids were too young to “help”, the men at 6th & Willow let them help by holding on to the middle while doing the real lifting themselves. Who cares if they cost a bit more!?! These are our neighbors – they wave all year round, help carry in the groceries in the Summer and the Tree in the winter. They remember each year if it is our year to be here or our year to be at my mother’s. Why go to strangers? The season isn’t about the $$$. It is about the traditions, the friends, the feelings that come as part of the whole thing. This year, supporting the local merchants will be more important than ever. We will be at the Tree Barn, like always. And happy to be there!

    • midtownauthentic says:

      Heck yeah interested!!!! These yearly people are great aren’t they? They know your name, they know the kids, they know your roof height etc. It is no fun going about and around for a tree. Same people all the time is essential, they’re like part of that family christmas tradition. And thanks for commenting about giving to local businesses this holiday season, i appreciate that.

      In response to interested who said:

      My children and I have been buying from the guys at the Tree Barn for at LEAST 10 years. Even when the kids were too young to “help”, the men at 6th & Willow let them help by holding on to the middle while doing the real lifting themselves. Who cares if they cost a bit more!?! These are our neighbors – they wave all year round, help carry in the groceries in the Summer and the Tree in the winter. They remember each year if it is our year to be here or our year to be at my mother’s. Why go to strangers? The season isn’t about the $$$. It is about the traditions, the friends, the feelings that come as part of the whole thing. This year, supporting the local merchants will be more important than ever. We will be at the Tree Barn, like always. And happy to be there!

  8. blahblahblah says:

    BLACK FRIDAY, some go shoping, (we are pretty much done) others do different things. We go out and get our tree and put it up all day long, with the nativity sceen in the window, etc etc…we hang the stockings by the chimney with care…hahahah. it is a fun full day….love this time of year, thursday night football, saturday and sundays, holidays, calories sky rocket….love it…

Leave a Reply