Grimaldi’s Coal Brick Oven {closes}

Grimaldi’s closes Clinton Street Pizza Restaurant

Little by little, “Old Hoboken” is going by the wayside (much to “mayor” don Zimmer’s delight). Grimaldi’s on 2nd & Clinton is done as of 8/31.

Remaining is their much newer other location at 411 Washington Street.

Their sandwich board outside read:

“To all our customers – We are sad to say that at the end of August, this location will be closing. Our lease will expire and the rent is too high. We would like to thank all of you who have been loyal customers for over 21 years. We have made friends with the most wonderful people during our time here. We hope you will visit us at our Washington Street location, where we will be spending our time. Thank you for 21 years on Clinton Street. Sean, Bernadette, Family and Staff.”

Grimaldi’s Pizza Closing Hoboken NJ August 2016

They say they’re “looking” for possibly a new location to re-open – but good luck with that. The rents (and other “overhead”) these days in Hoboken are ridiculous. Better off renting a cheap, dusty warehouse space, buy some used tractor tires and rope and call it “Cross Fit.” More profit from that cult than traditional staples like Italian food.

Description: Brick oven pizza. Open casual café amosphere. Pizza, beverages, beer, wine, parties. Dine In, Take Out, Free Delivery in Hoboken
Website: www.grimaldis.com
Addresses: 133 Clinton St, Hoboken, New Jersey ( NJ ) 07030-2501
Telephone: (201) 792-0800

grimaldi’s pizza Hoboken NJ closing

67 Comments on "Grimaldi’s Coal Brick Oven {closes}"

Ms_Hoboken
Member
Ms_Hoboken
4 years 4 months ago

This is regarding their new location on Washington Street:
Just because this place has a unique way of displaying their pizza (on an elevated tray) does not mean it is a unique or even special place to eat. On the contrary, I found their pizza to be extremely bland. The sauce pretty much tasteless (ketchup is more exciting) and the staff, keeping with Washington street tradition, appears over worked, apathetic and miserable. WAY over priced and boring. I have to admit, seeing their elevated trays and nice LOOKING pizza from the street lured me in but I will never return because Dominos pizza puts their taste to shame. Don’t believe the hype; this place blows. 😐

Deadpool
Member
Deadpool
4 years 4 months ago

I have to agree. I had friends up from Charlotte a few months ago, and they were told they had to go to Grimaldi’s. I tried to steer them against it, telling them that there were much better pizza options in Hoboken, but they were guests and they insisted, so i complied. After we ate, they all apologized to me for not heeding my advice.[quote comment=”215712″]This is regarding their new location on Washington Street:Just because this place has a unique way of displaying their pizza (on an elevated tray) does not mean it is a unique or even special place to eat. On the contrary, I found their pizza to be extremely bland. The sauce pretty much tasteless (ketchup is more exciting) and the staff, keeping with Washington street tradition, appears over worked, apathetic and miserable. WAY over priced and boring. I have to admit, seeing their elevated trays and nice LOOKING pizza from the street lured me in but I will never return because Dominos pizza puts their taste to shame. Don’t believe the hype; this place blows. [/quote]

nbm3
Member
nbm3
4 years 4 months ago

You should stick to Dominos[quote comment=”215712″]This is regarding their new location on Washington Street: Just because this place has a unique way of displaying their pizza (on an elevated tray) does not mean it is a unique or even special place to eat. On the contrary, I found their pizza to be extremely bland. The sauce pretty much tasteless (ketchup is more exciting) and the staff, keeping with Washington street tradition, appears over worked, apathetic and miserable. WAY over priced and boring. I have to admit, seeing their elevated trays and nice LOOKING pizza from the street lured me in but I will never return because Dominos pizza puts their taste to shame. Don’t believe the hype; this place blows. [/quote]

whineanddineinhob
Member
whineanddineinhob
4 years 4 months ago

Looks like you’ve got this bug up your ass about pizza shops in town. First putting down Benny’s and now Grimaldii”s Why don’t you just tell us how much your charging for a slice and where your shop is located.[quote comment=”215712″]This is regarding their new location on Washington Street: Just because this place has a unique way of displaying their pizza (on an elevated tray) does not mean it is a unique or even special place to eat. On the contrary, I found their pizza to be extremely bland. The sauce pretty much tasteless (ketchup is more exciting) and the staff, keeping with Washington street tradition, appears over worked, apathetic and miserable. WAY over priced and boring. I have to admit, seeing their elevated trays and nice LOOKING pizza from the street lured me in but I will never return because Dominos pizza puts their taste to shame. Don’t believe the hype; this place blows. [/quote]

Evelyn213
Member
Evelyn213
4 years 9 months ago

I called and place an order for delivery and I got a Soggy cold pizza. I called back to just mention that it was my first experiance calling their business and I was not to happy to have them deliver a soggy cold pizza……..instead of management making my experience a good one I WILL NEVER CALL THEM AGAIN. They were rude and disrespectfull ….anyone want this cold pizza? Email me free delivery.

jen123
Member
jen123
7 years 4 months ago

I’ve only been there 3 times and it’s good for people in a rush or for those who want something cheap to eat. It’s not the best pizza place around – I’ve definitely had better. It’s allright, not spectacular, but not amazing.

MidnightRacer
Member
7 years 4 months ago

thebinatwork2,

yeah I get the same, soggy pizza if I call in an order for delivery. Which is why I prefer to dine in at their restaurant instead of ordering out.

thebinatwork2
Member
7 years 4 months ago

I ordered Grimaldis 3 or 4 times- pizza was undercooked and boring every time. I thought Napolis was better for brickoven- just stay away from Napolis non-pizza food, which blows.

wpDiscuz