Grimaldi’s Coal Brick Oven

Tasty Brick Oven Pizzeria

Description – Brick oven pizza. Open casual café amosphere.
Services – Pizza, beverages, beer, wine, parties. Dine In, Take Out, Free Delivery in Hoboken
Website – www.grimaldis.com
Address – 133 Clinton St, Hoboken, New Jersey ( NJ ) 07030-2501
Telephone – (201) 792-0800

grimaldis.JPG

1. kooky kat says:

[quote comment=”26849″]I was referring to a comment someone made in an earlier post. If you read the entire conversation you would have gotten my comment, it’s called sarcasm. Oh and it wasn’t a friend of a friend. I know people who live there, I know people who work in the restruant, and I know the frigging landlord. Read the post correctly before you try to jump down my thoart kooky kat. Just becasue you got beat up by someone on a different post thread don’t think you are going to come after me with your bs.[/quote]

Reiterating my point that you know someone who knows something that someone knows about. I didn’t get beat up in another post ellemarie, I don’t know what you’re talking about. IT’s called a joke (on the other thread), and clearly you have no sense of humor.

Unless YOU personally saw “RATS” you haven’t a leg to stand on. Get over yourself. You sound even bitchier than me, which is really saying A LOT.

:roll:

2. Jay says:

Your guys SERIOUSLY need to get an educated person with some kind of telephone manners that understands they are speaking to not only another human being but also (shock horror) a paying customer when taking a delivery order.

Man, I like your pizza, but there are plenty of other good pizza places in Hoboken……….I was close to telling you where to stick it after you picked up and put down the phone 4 times (because you obviously had more important people to speak to) you rude ignorant f’ck, but hunger came before morals……….and then you took and hour and a half to deliver because you got my address wrong.

Strike two fellas.

3. BklynHobo says:

Goto Napoli’s, better for delivery IMO, and very nice and quick…

4. bmacqueens says:

[quote comment=”70096″]Goto Napoli’s, better for delivery IMO, and very nice and quick…[/quote]

And the girlfriend or little sister who sometimes answers the phone also happens to (i) speak proper English, (ii) without mumbling, (iii) and politely.

5. Jay says:

thanks guys – I’ll give them a shot next Friday!

6. thebinatwork2 says:

Its not only better for delivery, its blatantly better pizza. Sometimes they go a little light on the toppings, but the dough and sauce are noticebly better than Grimaldis.

7. thebinatwork2 says:

To clarify, Napolis is the better place IMO that I am speaking about above.

8. Jay says:

I really got the feeling from Grimaldis like it was an inconvenience that I was calling – I guess they’re doing good business and therefore can treat people like crap……….it’s Napolis for me from now on – well, at least until I can find something to complain about!!

9. HomeTeam says:

I think part of the problem is, they have a really crappy phone system. It always cuts out and then add to that that the gentleman who always mans the phone, doesn’t tell you he’s putting the phone down or say “please hold” so the whole process can be confusing. And god forbid you need to use a credit card. While he may seem rude on the phone, the guy is very pleasant in person.

I just call and walk from 1st and Jackson to pick it up. Delivery isn’t bad on regular weekdays, but it is almost always a miss on Friday and Saturday as their pizza does not travel well.

10. Comfort_Foodie says:

I can’t go more than two weeks without ordering from Grimaldi’s. The best is to go for simple toppings like peperoni and onions. Don’t get the eggplant unless you want fried eggplant becuase that’s what they use. Also, beware that the prices on the takeout menus have not been updated in a couple years so don’t be surprised when your total is more than you expected.

Overall, it’s a winner every time :)

11. cutillo says:

The best coal oven pizza I ever tasted- if anyone is looking for a good pizza in Hoboken this is the place

12. TheConcierge says:

Ordered pizza for Delivery.
    Took over an Hour to deliver (In Hoboken).
    Pizza was SOGGY, Undercooked! And considering what they charged…..Unacceptable.

IMHO, Taste was good but Not that great.
    Would have more flavor if they weren’t cheap on the toppings.
    Overrated, and not a Great Value.
    Better to look elsewhere for brick oven pizza….

• Springtime says:

That has always been precisely my experience with Grimaldi’s delivery. It’s great if you eat there. Horrible if you get it delivered. Try Napoli’s next time. I think you’ll be happy!

In response to TheConcierge who said:
      Ordered pizza for Delivery.
      Took over an Hour to deliver (In Hoboken).
      Pizza was SOGGY, Undercooked! And considering what they charged…..Unacceptable.

IMHO, Taste was good but Not that great.
      Would have more flavor if they weren’t cheap on the toppings.
      Overrated, and not a Great Value.
      Better to look elsewhere for brick oven pizza….

13. emarche says:

Napoli’s has always gotten their pizza to us hot, crispy and delicious. The last time I ate at Grimaldi’s – in the restaurant – the pizza was still soggy. But that’s not the point: the point is, a lot of great pizzerias do themselves a disservice when they deliver, primarily because box technology sucks; their pizzas end up getting steamed, which means soggy, awful crust.

There’s a 411 engineering challenge for everyone to consider: the perfect pizza delivery box.

• jscirish27 says:

Emarche… a 500 degree stone in the bottom of the box… not happening any time soon though…

In response to emarche who said:

• bmacqueens says:

Perfect pizza delivery box: Buy a pizza stone. Move your oven’s rack to the top, stone on top, heat to 500. Dial 1-800-pizza. Wait 45 min., give $20 to a stranger in exchange for sweaty boxed pizza. Put slices on that hot stone, 3-4 min. max. (Don’t burn the cheese — it gets hard and loses its unctiousness.)

Serve with your choice of beer, wine or soda.

I’d like to know … what’s the best temp for baking pizza at home, from scratch? Should I have the stone at the top of the oven, so that the cheese is mighty hot, or at the bottom, so that the cheese has longer to melt before browning? How do pizzerias manage to cook the dough without burning the cheese?

In response to jscirish27 who said:

• jscirish27 says:

Bmac, pizza ovens are usually around 800 degrees, thus dough cooks and cheese melts in due time… at home a 500 degree oven with the stone on the bottom rack should be good… I love homemade pizza…

In response to bmacqueens who said:

Serve with your choice of beer, wine or soda.

14. skateparkmom says:

I ordered Grimaldi’s delivery last night at 7:30 p.m. large pie, half pepperoni. It was here in 1/2 hour. It was so hot, I burned my mouth on the first slice.

After that it got a tad soggy, but it was gone in 10 minutes anyway.

15. nojokin says:

Grimaldi’s is by far the best pizza in Hoboken, and very consistent.

An example of the kind of crap their competition pulls: we tried another pizzeria in Jersey City and ordered a margherita pizza (just cheese and basil). The delivered us a cheese pizza that had powdered basil sprinkled on it. Disgraceful.

I often wonder when a I see a Dominos delivery: who are the people ordering Domino’s when they have world-class pizza like Grimaldi’s at their doorstep?

16. thebinatwork2 says:

I ordered Grimaldis 3 or 4 times- pizza was undercooked and boring every time. I thought Napolis was better for brickoven- just stay away from Napolis non-pizza food, which blows.

17. MidnightRacer says:

thebinatwork2,

yeah I get the same, soggy pizza if I call in an order for delivery. Which is why I prefer to dine in at their restaurant instead of ordering out.

18. jen123 says:

I’ve only been there 3 times and it’s good for people in a rush or for those who want something cheap to eat. It’s not the best pizza place around – I’ve definitely had better. It’s allright, not spectacular, but not amazing.

19. Evelyn213 says:

I called and place an order for delivery and I got a Soggy cold pizza. I called back to just mention that it was my first experiance calling their business and I was not to happy to have them deliver a soggy cold pizza……..instead of management making my experience a good one I WILL NEVER CALL THEM AGAIN. They were rude and disrespectfull ….anyone want this cold pizza? Email me free delivery.

20. Ms_Hoboken says:

This is regarding their new location on Washington Street:
    Just because this place has a unique way of displaying their pizza (on an elevated tray) does not mean it is a unique or even special place to eat. On the contrary, I found their pizza to be extremely bland. The sauce pretty much tasteless (ketchup is more exciting) and the staff, keeping with Washington street tradition, appears over worked, apathetic and miserable. WAY over priced and boring. I have to admit, seeing their elevated trays and nice LOOKING pizza from the street lured me in but I will never return because Dominos pizza puts their taste to shame. Don’t believe the hype; this place blows. 😐

• whineanddineinhob says:

Looks like you’ve got this bug up your ass about pizza shops in town. First putting down Benny’s and now Grimaldii”s Why don’t you just tell us how much your charging for a slice and where your shop is located.[quote comment=”215712″]This is regarding their new location on Washington Street: Just because this place has a unique way of displaying their pizza (on an elevated tray) does not mean it is a unique or even special place to eat. On the contrary, I found their pizza to be extremely bland. The sauce pretty much tasteless (ketchup is more exciting) and the staff, keeping with Washington street tradition, appears over worked, apathetic and miserable. WAY over priced and boring. I have to admit, seeing their elevated trays and nice LOOKING pizza from the street lured me in but I will never return because Dominos pizza puts their taste to shame. Don’t believe the hype; this place blows. [/quote]

• nbm3 says:

You should stick to Dominos[quote comment=”215712″]This is regarding their new location on Washington Street: Just because this place has a unique way of displaying their pizza (on an elevated tray) does not mean it is a unique or even special place to eat. On the contrary, I found their pizza to be extremely bland. The sauce pretty much tasteless (ketchup is more exciting) and the staff, keeping with Washington street tradition, appears over worked, apathetic and miserable. WAY over priced and boring. I have to admit, seeing their elevated trays and nice LOOKING pizza from the street lured me in but I will never return because Dominos pizza puts their taste to shame. Don’t believe the hype; this place blows. [/quote]

• Deadpool says:

I have to agree. I had friends up from Charlotte a few months ago, and they were told they had to go to Grimaldi’s. I tried to steer them against it, telling them that there were much better pizza options in Hoboken, but they were guests and they insisted, so i complied. After we ate, they all apologized to me for not heeding my advice.[quote comment=”215712″]This is regarding their new location on Washington Street:Just because this place has a unique way of displaying their pizza (on an elevated tray) does not mean it is a unique or even special place to eat. On the contrary, I found their pizza to be extremely bland. The sauce pretty much tasteless (ketchup is more exciting) and the staff, keeping with Washington street tradition, appears over worked, apathetic and miserable. WAY over priced and boring. I have to admit, seeing their elevated trays and nice LOOKING pizza from the street lured me in but I will never return because Dominos pizza puts their taste to shame. Don’t believe the hype; this place blows. [/quote]