2nd Annual “City of Water Day”
File under: “Something interesting to do this weekend!”
Free fun for the whole family!
“Join the Hoboken Historical Museum in celebrating the Second Annual “City of Water Day,” Saturday, July 18, from 10am to 4pm, a FREE day of entertainment, education & adventure for the whole family celebrating the potential of the New York Harbor waterfront!
Organized by the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance in cooperation with the NYC Parks Department and a host of sponsors, thousands of people from the Tri-State region will float, ferry, paddle, row, splash, canoe, and kayak their way to beautiful Governors Island for the 2nd Annual City of Water Day Festival.”
Ferry departs from Hoboken’s North terminal at 14th Street. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis (reserve them here.)
- Fun and FREE boat tours on historic and educational vessels—tickets are limited—for the Harbor Experience Tour and the Harbor’s Cleaner Dockside Tour
- Delicious food from from the Street Vendor Project
- An exciting line-up of local bands
- Special children’s activities, like the fishing, arts and crafts, rides, and a Kids Race sponsored New York Road Runners
- The Waterfront Action Fair, where you can learn how to do your part for the waterfront
Read more here: http://www.cityofwaterday.org/from-new-jersey-by-ferry/