Hoboken Week in Review – 6/21/2009
Soggy Start to Summer
I’ve been hearing a lot of “where is summer?” and “what global warming?” lately – as we’re more than halfway through June – and no big heat waves (yet.)
I checked the 15-day forecast, curious as to what these so-called meteorological experts think the weather will be on July 4th in Hoboken. Let’s see how accurate this is in a couple weeks…
Happy start to Summer 2009, everyone!
So what made the most discussed entries for the week ending Sunday, June 21st, 2009?
Hottest general topics of the week
The new owners of the Filippo’s Pizza on Washington need your help naming the re-vamped pizza parlor!
A crazy taxi goes out of control downtown, striking a pedestrian on the sidewalk.
A Hoboken411 reader tries to dispel some Bike Lane myths and misconceptions.
With the upcoming Macy’s Fireworks on the Hudson, Hoboken delays the layoffs of 16 police for 30 more days.
Anthony Falco sworn in as new Hoboken Police Chief.
BoE Surprise of the week: Superintendent Jack Raslowsky resigns.
We wonder how much further the Hoboken real estate prices will fall before we’re back to normal.
One resident complains about the putrid pile of garbage left in the wide open uptown.
Dawn Zimmer, the losing candidate in this year’s Mayoral Election finally concedes.
We’ll be tracking new Mayor Peter Cammarano’s list of campaign promises from DAY ONE.
- Doomed: Goldhawk Bar & Lounge was sold to new owners – and will close on July 11th. An insignificant clothing store Good Breed quietly just left town.
- Updated: I’m loving the new Park & Sixth Comfort Food this week, and when will Pier C Park open?
- New: The Hoboken University Medical Center Emergency Room opened up for business.
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
Some items of interest…
- My Italy Story at Monroe Center – ends next weekend!
- Both the Downtown and the Uptown Farmer’s Markets start at the end of the month…
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend, and has a relatively peaceful week ahead!