Cop layoffs postponed…

6/16/2009:

Both Mayor-elect Peter Cammarano and outgoing Mayor David Roberts requested that Judy Tripodi postpone the impeding police layoffs due to the upcoming July 4th Macy*s Fireworks Spectacular. The fireworks, which are being held on the Hudson River this year to commemorate the 400th Anniversary of Henry Hudson – are expected to overwhelm the city with up to 50,000 patriotic onlookers.

hoboken-police-layoffs-postponed

Public Safety of Utmost Importance

“The layoff of 16 Hoboken police officers, scheduled for June 20, has been postponed until at least next month at the request of Mayor David Roberts and Mayor-elect Peter Cammarano, announced Hoboken Fiscal Monitor Judith L. Tripodi.

“At the strong request of Mayor Roberts and Mayor-elect Cammarano it has been agreed that the layoffs will be extended until July 20th,” said Tripodi. “The New Jersey Civil Service Commission has been notified regarding our intention to postpone these layoffs.”

The layoffs were announced earlier this year after a review by the state Fiscal Monitor of Hoboken’s finances. Mayor Roberts and Mayor-elect Cammarano cited serious public safety concerns regarding the 4th of July Macy’s fireworks celebration as a primary reason for the layoff postponement request. Mayor-elect Cammarano also requested an opportunity to further review the layoff plan before its implementation.

“Public safety as it relates to the Macy’s 4th of July fireworks celebration is of the utmost importance,” said Mayor-elect Cammarano. “In addition, I requested the opportunity to further review the plan and speak with the police and fire chiefs before any layoffs occur. I appreciate Ms. Tripodi’s concurring with me and Mayor Roberts regarding this issue.”

Leave a Reply

60 Comments on "Cop layoffs postponed…"

mooshu
Member
mooshu

No offense taken :). I think I became confused by your comment is all.

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

mosshu…:) I forgot what i had for lunch yesterday.Marche was right,about that lead paint.Needs a bit more turpintine Nite nite all 🙂

In response to mooshu who said:
No offense taken :). I think I became confused by your comment is all.

justaview
Member
justaview

Mosshu..You can fall off a roof,have a safe landing and not even realize it..
he’s done it several times!

matt_72
Member

Easy-E, the man might be a social conservative but he is as much a Republican as I am a nice guy. I am only nice when it serves my purpose, rest of the time I am a jerk 😉

mooshu
Member
mooshu

“Saving?”

Did I just walk into a Jehovah’s Witness meeting?

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

Moosh in regard to Jehovah’s Wintness’s ,they only will take 200,000 in heaven..You don’t stand a chance..:)

In response to mooshu who said:
“Saving?”

Did I just walk into a Jehovah’s Witness meeting?

mooshu
Member
mooshu

That’s because I’m already in heaven, honey.

Halleluiah.

In response to wiskeytango1 who said:
Moosh in regard to Jehovah’s Wintness’s ,they only will take 200,000 in heaven..You don’t stand a chance..:)

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

Me toooo mooshu,watching the yankees eating pizza and 10 more years with the pilots.hummm

In response to mooshu who said:
That’s because I’m already in heaven, honey.

Halleluiah.

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

Mosshu..You can fall off a roof,have a safe landing and not even realize it.. You will never be a guest on a talk show so this is a sounding board for you and a few others to vent your hostility. Things are not what they always appear to be.

In response to mooshu who said:
“Saving?”

Did I just walk into a Jehovah’s Witness meeting?

mooshu
Member
mooshu

Huh?

wiskeytango1, put the whiskey down and listen up. I defended you, you fart– you’re not “beyond saving” because there’s no such thing as being “saved”. Weren’t you the one who said something about being on one’s own?

Oy. What’re we gonna do with you?

In response to wiskeytango1 who said:
Mosshu..You can fall off a roof,have a safe landing and not even realize it.. You will never be a guest on a talk show so this is a sounding board for you and a few others to vent your hostility. Things are not what they always appear to be.

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

sorry mooshu..sent the text to you by mistake..Anyway I am just kidding with with you.No offense ment to the board.
Because I make light of a topic and there many serious ones,
dosen’t mean I don’t take it serious…

In response to mooshu who said:
Huh?

wiskeytango1, put the whiskey down and listen up. I defended you, you fart– you’re not “beyond saving” because there’s no such thing as being “saved”. Weren’t you the one who said something about being on one’s own?

Oy. What’re we gonna do with you?

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

Cat litter @easy does it…To Reprase it..call it mindless humor…Cat litter,don’t flatter yourself,in regard to we
are intelligent..If that were true you would not have bought
a cardboard condo maybe in the 4th ward…Easy I see your
logo of John Bulushi.puts you in the mid age group..Litter I
type with my toe and would love to show you how..Contrare to
your post regarding libs..Show me one republican on this site.
Your the end result of woodstock parents..Cannot be any other
type but ultra libs. Condensending,abrasive,breast fed and
sense of entitelment. Now while I sit in my Church Towers
apt,you pay my taxes on time..Im loving it. How intelligent are you..rotflmao.

Easy-E
Member

Awesome, please, more.

At this rate you won’t see another Republican President for 20 years.

Nothing makes me happier to know that you consider yourself a hardcore Palin Republican. You betcha!

In response to wiskeytango1 who said:
Cat litter @easy does it…To Reprase it..call it mindless humor…Cat litter,don’t flatter yourself,in regard to we
are intelligent..If that were true you would not have bought
a cardboard condo maybe in the 4th ward…Easy I see your
logo of John Bulushi.puts you in the mid age group..Litter I
type with my toe and would love to show you how..Contrare to
your post regarding libs..Show me one republican on this site.
Your the end result of woodstock parents..Cannot be any other
type but ultra libs. Condensending,abrasive,breast fed and
sense of entitelment. Now while I sit in my Church Towers
apt,you pay my taxes on time..Im loving it. How intelligent are you..rotflmao.

emarche
Member

That’s Johnny Cash, you mindless dipshit.

In response to wiskeytango1 who said:
Cat litter @easy does it…To Reprase it..call it mindless humor…Cat litter,don’t flatter yourself,in regard to we
are intelligent..If that were true you would not have bought
a cardboard condo maybe in the 4th ward…Easy I see your
logo of John Bulushi.puts you in the mid age group..Litter I
type with my toe and would love to show you how..Contrare to
your post regarding libs..Show me one republican on this site.
Your the end result of woodstock parents..Cannot be any other
type but ultra libs. Condensending,abrasive,breast fed and
sense of entitelment. Now while I sit in my Church Towers
apt,you pay my taxes on time..Im loving it. How intelligent are you..rotflmao.

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

Emarche aka rubber neck..Fooled me..Looks like JB..Make sure
you pay my taxes while i lounge around in my church towers
apt,with a balcony.Nice view of NYC at the cost of 800 clams
a month..golly totally aweeesome,as you would say.It rocks 🙂

In response to emarche who said:
That’s Johnny Cash, you mindless dipshit.

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

correction typo..Ment to say CLOCK TOWERS OFF THIRD ST ON
MY BALCONY I CAN OVER LOOK THE SKYLINE…OHHH AAAA EEEE
BITE ME

In response to wiskeytango1 who said:
Emarche aka rubber neck..Fooled me..Looks like JB..Make sure
you pay my taxes while i lounge around in my church towers
apt,with a balcony.Nice view of NYC at the cost of 800 clams
a month..golly totally aweeesome,as you would say.It rocks 🙂

wpDiscuz