Hoboken Week in Review – 6/14/2009
Back to normal (for the most part)!
Hopefully, this Hoboken Week in Review is the last “politically top heavy” synopsis for quite a while!
So what made the most discussed entries for the week ending Sunday, June 14th, 2009?
Hottest general topics of the week
Thousands of reader comments about the hotly contested election for Mayor:
- The live election night chat had nearly 4,000 residents watching & participating!
- The “provisional count” coverage – 411 brought you the votes – as they were opened!
- Residents talked about the election all day long!
- Many people bickered about Cammarano’s big block party the weekend before…
- I thought turnout was light uptown, but actually several thousand more votes we recorded!
- When asking a new council member elect whether campaign garbage will be cleaned up – the answer was “I hope so.” That’s leadership, folks!
A new street sign encouraging drivers to “share the road” invokes discussion and argument.
A thought-provoking graffiti tag uptown…
Yep – the Hoboken411 Mascot’s simple “summer haircut” is even a problem for some…
Do you notice all the Hoboken residential stickers with out of state plates?
One 411 reader was looking for bathroom contractor recommendations – do you have any?
An unusually loud spring thunderstorm startles many folks out of bed. Me? Wide awake as usual.
Set your DVR’s on June 23rd to see a Hudson County sweetheart of a supermarket cashier dance her feet of on America’s Got Talent!
- Park & Sixth Comfort Food opens – and was tasty on day one. Despite some recent refrigeration problems, they’re back in business!
- Club KO gets an interesting Guest Review!
- A Clearview Cinemas update – seems like “playing by the rules” in Hoboken only delays their opening. When do you think they’ll open?
- Deli Update – Finally refreshed Fran’s Italian Delicatessen (used to be called Biaggio’s)…
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
Some items of interest…
- Art Festival at Monroe Center today…
- Flag Day festivities at the Hoboken Historical Museum (also today)…
- Movies under the Stars started at Pier A Park (Wednesday)…
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend, and has a relatively uneventful week ahead!