Will there be any more ribbon-cuttings?

6/9/2009:

Will the new Mayor continue the tradition?

With the Hoboken Municipal Runoff Election taking place “as we speak” – I wondered how our new Mayor (Cammarano or Zimmer) will handle the “Ribbon Cuttings!”

For the past three years, we collectively joshed at David Roberts for multiple reasons (beyond budgets, etc.) – one of them was the “Dave Roberts MySpace Page” (i.e., the city website) – and the number of Ribbon Cuttings he gleefully attended… With that being said:

Ribbon-Cuttings in Hoboken:

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

will-mayoral-ribbon-cuttings-continue-in-hoboken-once-david-roberts-is-gone

Leave a Reply

9 Comments on "Will there be any more ribbon-cuttings?"

Journey
Member
Journey

Dates that the Dawn and Peter became property owners in Hoboken:

Peter: 9/8/2005
Dawn: 10/28/2002

So who is the out of towner?

ratzo rizzo
Member
ratzo rizzo

I do know one thing this out of towner zimmer left wing quack job will further run this town that i love and was born and raised in further in the ground with her left wing high taxes progressive B.S., Every out of towner has put this great town beyond repair…all u yupies have ruined this town, Cammarano will listen to the old timers and get us back to being a great town again…

strand tramp
Member
strand tramp
“left wing high taxes progressive BS” ok, first of all they are BOTH democrats. second of all you are in NJ. in case you hadn’t noticed YOU are taxed more by NJ than any other American. second of all you pay more per student, including kindergarten, to educate children than any other American. add in the fact that you voted for obama and you are pretty much getting what you have voted for your whole life. second, you need to understand that the money that pays all the bar owners annd restaurant owners and insane condo prices…and most of all the taxes that pay your salaries…all come from the people who have moved her over the last 20yrs. finally, when was this town great old timer? in the 80’s when your arsons were burning the f’ng town down and murdering people?…or was it in the 60’s and 70’s when unemployment was in the double digits and people were suffering from social unrest as a result of civil rights riots and viet nam pain? hmm maybe it was the 50’s when all of the working men of hoboken were exploited by the union bosses on the docks? was it the 40’s perhaps? so tell us wise old timer, when exactly was it that old timers like yourself believe hoboken was a great town? your loss of joy in life isn’t a result of the transformation of hoboken. because as you can see hoboken is as good a city now as it… Read more »
Colin
Member
Damn…. Post of the year In response to strand tramp who said: “left wing high taxes progressive BS” ok, first of all they are BOTH democrats. second of all you are in NJ. in case you hadn’t noticed YOU are taxed more by NJ than any other American. second of all you pay more per student, including kindergarten, to educate children than any other American. add in the fact that you voted for obama and you are pretty much getting what you have voted for your whole life. second, you need to understand that the money that pays all the bar owners annd restaurant owners and insane condo prices…and most of all the taxes that pay your salaries…all come from the people who have moved her over the last 20yrs. finally, when was this town great old timer? in the 80’s when your arsons were burning the f’ng town down and murdering people?…or was it in the 60’s and 70’s when unemployment was in the double digits and people were suffering from social unrest as a result of civil rights riots and viet nam pain? hmm maybe it was the 50’s when all of the working men of hoboken were exploited by the union bosses on the docks? was it the 40’s perhaps? so tell us wise old timer, when exactly was it that old timers like yourself believe hoboken was a great town? your loss of joy in life isn’t a result of the transformation of hoboken. because as… Read more »
escaped68
Member
You really hit the nail on the head and, that is why I “escaped”. But for the most part the heart and soul of the city were its people, and a lot of them left, there are still some good ones around but they are out numbered by the bitter losers. In response to strand tramp who said: “left wing high taxes progressive BS” ok, first of all they are BOTH democrats. second of all you are in NJ. in case you hadn’t noticed YOU are taxed more by NJ than any other American. second of all you pay more per student, including kindergarten, to educate children than any other American. add in the fact that you voted for obama and you are pretty much getting what you have voted for your whole life. second, you need to understand that the money that pays all the bar owners annd restaurant owners and insane condo prices…and most of all the taxes that pay your salaries…all come from the people who have moved her over the last 20yrs. finally, when was this town great old timer? in the 80’s when your arsons were burning the f’ng town down and murdering people?…or was it in the 60’s and 70’s when unemployment was in the double digits and people were suffering from social unrest as a result of civil rights riots and viet nam pain? hmm maybe it was the 50’s when all of the working men of hoboken were exploited by the union… Read more »
oceanbloo
Member
oceanbloo

I think this should actually be 2 polls – one for if C wins and one for if Z wins…

Cammarano will have just as many ribbon cuttings, as he is gearing up for a lifetime political career and will be seeking exposure 24/7. If Zimmer wins, the ribbon cuttings will be fewer.

Watchmaker
Member
Watchmaker

“If Zimmer wins, the ribbon cuttings will be fewer.”

Based on what?

Zimmer has no record, yet you see her in every issue of the Hoboken Distorter: proves that she likes photo-ops more than working on projects. If you accomplish nothing, all you have is ribbon-cutting: I’d say Mayor Zimmer continues just like Roberts.

The same applies to Carol Marsh: she took credit for 1600 Park, but in reality Leah Healey should get the credit – Carol just used it for votes. And now we have neither a park not the money we received for it. Perfect!

In response to oceanbloo who said:
I think this should actually be 2 polls – one for if C wins and one for if Z wins…

Cammarano will have just as many ribbon cuttings, as he is gearing up for a lifetime political career and will be seeking exposure 24/7. If Zimmer wins, the ribbon cuttings will be fewer.

oceanbloo
Member
oceanbloo

I figured ribbon cuttings would be fewer for Zimmer because people would be less likely to invite her to them. Also because people would be less likely to have a need to return favors to her in the form of publicity.

In response to Watchmaker who said:
“If Zimmer wins, the ribbon cuttings will be fewer.”

Based on what?

Zimmer has no record, yet you see her in every issue of the Hoboken Distorter: proves that she likes photo-ops more than working on projects. If you accomplish nothing, all you have is ribbon-cutting: I’d say Mayor Zimmer continues just like Roberts.

The same applies to Carol Marsh: she took credit for 1600 Park, but in reality Leah Healey should get the credit – Carol just used it for votes. And now we have neither a park not the money we received for it. Perfect!

wpDiscuz