Academy Bus Fire
This happened an hour or two ago – but in case anyone is interested in what was going on uptown.. (I’ve been trying hard to roll out some fun upgrades to 411 – but it’ll have to wait another week or two.. ugh!)
Brakes overheat; bus bursts into flames
Academy Bus (15th Street) is making the incident map lately – first we had some worker who slashed his throat – and then tonight a bus burst into flames. According to HFD – the brakes on one bus overheated as it pulled into their private parking lot. The heavy smoke was likely from burning rubber and other synthetic material.
The fire was put out quickly and squadrons returned to service. No injuries were reported.