Here are some of the sites visited today that I thought you guys might find interesting!
What’s on the web?
- Media attacks Palin. The “issue of the day” over at the UPI was a comparison between how ABC interviews Barack Obama and Sarah Palin. The article states that Charles Gibson relentlessly grilled Palin, while on the other hand George Stephanopoulos kissed Obama’s ass.
- Hurricane Ike coverage – ridiculous? It’s all over the news since last night. However, my grammar friend Paul thinks that the media coverage is doing no one any favors. Sensationalized and counter-productive. He even states how Geraldo Rivera could in no way be able to stand in 120mph winds.
- How do trains collide in broad daylight? – Over in Los Angeles yesterday, a commuter train and freight train collide killing at least 18 and injuring over 100. It’s not like you can “change lanes” and “play chicken” on railroad tracks… I just don’t get it.
- Gas price-gouging again. Speaking of Hurricane Ike, it seems that greedy gas stations are again illegally raping customers, with reports of SIX-DOLLAR per gallon gas prices in Florida. Reports that cost of gas has gone up siginificantly along the east coast, including NJ. You think something is wrong? File a complaint at the U.S. DOE site.
- Funny Stuff. This website called aidsvertising.com is a completely random site that has profane advertising “spoofs.” I didn’t quite get the point, but after a while I found myself chuckling at the ridiculousness of the entire premise. Excessively profane in every way. However, it seemed to have lasted only about a month before they stopped updating it. 9 pages in total.
What else is good on the web today?