No nextbikes on sidewalks!
Haha! No nextbikes on sidewalks, please
Not sure if you noticed this – but Hoboken’s newfangled cycle sharing system nextbike has a certain “safety message” on their kiosks.
Included in that list of common sense items (probably for legal reasons) is no bikes on sidewalks.
But as we’ve detailed in the past – biking on the sidewalk is considered normal in Hoboken, and no one enforces that “law.”
To round out the list:
- Obey signs
- Yield to pedestrians
- Signal turns (who does that?)
- Ride with traffic (yeah, okay)
- Wear a helmet (why don’t people just wear helmets all the time, even when walking and sitting?)
- Ride sober (Ever try riding a bike drunk? Not an easy task!)
- Watch car doors (while riding in those bike lanes which are exactly next to… car doors)
Conceived and launched in 2006, the original Hoboken Photo of the Day category contains thousands of pictures and includes many other subsections, including Drunk Bread Crumbs, HDR Photography, Hoboken Digital Art, and more.
We feel that by photo-documenting the city of Hoboken season after season, “a picture is worth 1000 words,” and can tell a myriad of stories encompassing the good, bad and the ugly contained within the mile-square. Our constantly-evolving way of maintaining a historical archive of memories and sights.
Want your picture featured? Simply email Hoboken411@gmail.com with your photo and back-story!