The Great Hoboken Auction 2008
This SATURDAY, April 26th, starting at 5:30pm.
The Great Hoboken Auction
Make History at this Year’s Great Hoboken Auction and Support the Hoboken Historical Museum
Bid on Macy’s Parade Studio Tour, New York Times Building Tour, Commissioned Paintings, Pool & Marina Memberships, Airline Tickets, and Much, Much More
It’s time once again for longtime Hoboken residents and newcomers…families, couples and singles…young and old, to gather under the big tent in Shipyard Park for the Museum’s Annual Great Hoboken Auction, Saturday, April 26, at 5:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
There’s something to suit everyone’s taste and budget in the more than 250 items up for bid in either the Live or Silent Auction; plus, tasty sandwiches, treats and beverages are served all night. This year’s donations offer some old favorites, like a year’s worth of indoor parking at the Shipyard or a behind-the-scenes tour of Macy’s Parade Studio (with grandstand seats to the big event!), and lots of new items, like a pair of round-trip tickets on Continental Airlines anywhere in the mainland U.S. or Caribbean.
Our donors have been incredibly generous this year, and bidders will have a chance to win some amazing experiences and treasures:
- A pool or marina membership at the Shipyard complex;
- A behind-the-scenes, guided tour of the brand-new New York Times building by veteran reporter Diana Henriques;
- Pasta-making lessons from Urban Kitchen or pastry-making at Giorgio’s;
- Lunch with Hoboken’s Bravest and a ride on a fire truck in the Memorial Day parade;
- A portrait in oil by artist Raymond Smith, or a commissioned painting of your house or favorite local scene by Frank Hanavan;
- Ranger’s tickets, American Ballet Theater tickets, gourmet wine dinners, and much, much more! Visit www.hobokenauction.com for details.
Regulars at the Great Hoboken Auction know that the Silent Auction always delights collectors of Mile Square City memorabilia with unique photos, prints, and the occasional antique or souvenir. Looking for a great gift or a good excuse to try out a new restaurant or gym? The Silent Auction also offers a wide selection of gift certificates for dinners, lessons, treatments, treats and professional services.
Come share in this fun and exciting annual tradition that celebrates Hoboken’s present and past, where artists, local businesses and local philanthropists share the bounty of Hoboken, plus some exciting trips beyond our borders. All proceeds from the evening help support the Museum’s ongoing operations; this is one of our most important fundraising events of the year, so invite your friends and family!