Monroe Open Studio Tour
Before the place goes under, please check out the fabulous artists that have set up shop there!
This Sunday, April 13th from 12-5pm. Be sure to have a glass or two of wine, also!
Interestingly, The Shades of Hoboken will awake from the dead and conveniently be open for the day, now that they’ll have the foot traffic that they anticipated (and never got) last year.
Monroe Center Open Studio Tour
Monroe Center will be holding its Quarterly Open Studio on April 13th from Noon to 5 pm. All Monroe artists and artisans will have their studio doors open. Hoboken School Students will be exhibiting their artwork in the Breezeways. Visiting artists, artisans and vendors will be exhibiting/selling their fantastic creations.
Here are some noteworthy items:
- Unique Art Exhibit by International folk/rock singer, composer and performer, Richie Havens in Suite C-413, Noon-5pm
- Dance Performance by Monroe Street Movement Space from Monroe Center: Art Gallery E-200, 2pm to 3pm
- Traditional Indian dance by SURATI students and artists led by Founder-Director Rimli Roy: Art Gallery, E-200, 3.30 to 4.00 pm
SURATI presents “Glimpses of India” through an interactive Dance and Music experience – Open workshops and classes, live performance videos, meet the artists and staff in Studio, C- 214
- Roland Ramos: Interactive Art exhibition, E 304.
- Liam Joynt, Mile Square Theatre: Reading ‘IN THE SAWTOOTHS’ Three friends since High school, in their thirties. The friendship, now severely tested by tragedy. Do not miss the great ending. Performance in Shades Restaurant, 5 pm
- Hoboken School of Music, Classical Music Workshop conducted by Dr. Yi-li-Lin: C-304
- Photographer, Craig Dale: E-501b. Anyone wearing clothing with a LOGO will get a FREE portrait. All you have to do is answer a few simple questions. No appointments necessary. Portraits will be done on a first come first served basis.
Admission Free. Parking Free
Address: 720 Monroe Street Hoboken, NJ 07030
Opposite Light Rail Station: ‘9th and Congress’
For more information contact: Godfrey Pereira via phone at 201-795-3767 x218 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org