Hoboken Week in Review: 10/12/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – October 12, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts on Hoboken411.com for the week ending Sunday, October 12, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- “Bored” of Board of Ed? – Some candidates don’t even show up for their own debate. Maybe they have a lock in the upcoming election?
- Hoboken Rail Yards Development – Another chapter in the epic saga known as the NJ Transit Redevelopment plan. Note to self: order “decade” timer to keep track of this one…
- Humpty Pumpty – Teeny pumps vs. quadrillions of gallons of water. Who wins?
- Homeless population – We see more and more these days…
- Big bellies – but you can only “feed” our ridiculous trash cans “bite size” refuse.
- HPU Hypocrisy – Translation: “legalized” theft.
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Unhappy Ending – Chinese “massage” parlor bites the dust.
- Condo Squeeze – More compartmentalized living spaces coming to a neighborhood near you.
- Parking Space Hogs – Get a first hand look at how residents make do when parking is at a premium.
- Nancy’s Sweet Shoppe – The single best place to get ANYTHING chocolate in Hoboken!
- Jersey Follettes – All-girl band celebrated their album release.
- Short-Term Event Planning – What will you partake in? Cyrano (Theatrical Production), The Hunt (mass drinking and gambling), or the Halloween Pub Crawl (mass drinking and costume-wearing)?
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: When they’re gone, you’ll miss them Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown. (weather permitting)
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Tepid selection this week. Time to hit up the bargain bin at Walmart.