Hoboken Week in Review: 6/29/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – June 29, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 29, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Boot & Pay – You make a mistake? You have to pay. The city makes mistakes? They issue apologies and press releases.
- Curbs Cost! – Fake curbs cost everyone. Surprised your property taxes are on the rise?
- Lucky students – Get some school money from a local politician.
- Hoboken Deer spotting – How’d a fawn make it into town and actually survive?
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Hoboken Sandwiches – Big differences between “chains” and “mom & pop” shops.
- Maxwell’s – Now open.
- Realty Row in Hoboken – One doomed biz rumored to become yet another Real Estate office.
- The Yoga Loft – “Hoboken’s most beautiful yoga studio” now open downtown.
- Zeni Spa – Lasted only a year before it transformed into “For Rent.”
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: All in FULL SWING now! Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Great spot for dates (if you don’t dig their looks).