Hoboken Week in Review: 6/15/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – June 15, 2014
Wow, 2nd super nice weekend in a row. Hopefully you’ve done some things that involve real, green grass!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 15, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
Forget elections and multi-million dollar slush funds – let’s keep shining the light on things they don’t want you to see!
- Lockdown near Lincoln Tunnel – Police break out military gear and automatic weapons because of a crank call. WTF?
- Cash4Life – Touted as a dream to retire now – it’s more like a voluntary idiot tax!
- HPU Hypocrisy (daily) – We won’t stop till they do.
- Tree plummets to ground – Because of shoddy contractor work. Luckily no lawsuits (yet.)
- Look up from your cell phones! – Even fellow dog-owners not speaking to each other cuz of “smartphones!”
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Jimmy John’s – Chain Sandwich shop hopes to “raise the bar.”
- Caffe Bene – Bringing a taste of South Korea to the USA.
- Natalie Morales sells furniture – Through local shop Urban Consign.
- AVENUE Residential – New Realtor takes the low-key approach.
- Keller Williams – While another new Realtor takes the high-profile approach.
- Kure Pilates by Krysta – New-age words translate into gym memberships that cost 10 grand a year!
- Bow Tie Cinemas – All about sequels! (how original!)