Hoboken Week in Review: 6/8/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – June 8, 2014
Wow, what a perfect weekend so far. What are your plans to round out the second half? If you’re like us – you’ll be spending tons of time outside today!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 8, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
Forget elections and multi-million dollar slush funds – let’s keep shining the light on things they don’t want you to see!
- Ban Parking Boots! – Will the city ever stop financially raping people who want to support local businesses?
- Bike Rack Nonsense – City bolts bike racks to pavement. Countdown to issues… 3..2..1..
- Curb Extensions – 99 Ways to Spend Taxpayer Money…
- Pier A Park BBQ? – Would you grill burgers on a socialized cooking surface?
- Shoddy Pier C Park – Nothing ever built “right” in this town. Always under repair.
- Have you seen Cody Brown? – Missing mentally-disabled man suspected of being in our area.
- HPU Hypocrisy (daily) – Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Garden Street Farmers Market – Kicked off uptown successfully yesterday!
- Brass Rail Bourbon Dinner – Sign up soon, they sell out fast!
- Mad One Jacks – Already for rent downtown a year after “expanding.”
- Artie Lange Zombie – Heads-down on cell phone. Like everyone else these days!
- Bow Tie Cinemas – A comedy about lunch trucks tops the list (besides animated flicks).