Hoboken Week in Review: 5/4/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – May 4, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 4, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Parking Hypocrisy Trifecta! – Sung to the tune of “Mickey Mouse…” Are you ready? “HPU, HFD, BOE-OEeee!”
- Andrew Jarzyk – A sad ending – Surfaced from the river a month after going missing.
- Hoboken Flooding – Yeah, so what else is new? What “news” can you suck out of this?
- Kidney replacement capital of the world – Today’s repairs = tomorrow’s stock tip to “go long” on Advil.
- Freedom BANISHED – They take your liberties away, one plastic shopping bag at a time. And you buy it like an obedient slave!
- Pee Wee Politics – Kids playing baseball is more important in Hoboken than fundamental infrastructure.
- Spring Arts & Music Festival – TODAY (if you’re not feeling under the weather…)
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Caffe Bene – South Korean Coffee coming to downtown. Shop local! Uh.. Yeah!
- The Cow and The Curd – Now we’re talking. Yummy midwest cheese with a Philly slant.
- Cityscape – 12 “luxury condos” coming to one of the busiest intersections in Hoboken.
- College Pride Doomed – People are a bit miffed at their Alma maters it seems.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Two hours of special effects and subliminal messages coming right up!