RAW presents Awakening
Art from Jersey City: RAW presents Awakening
Awakening is an interesting “Art, fashion, music, etc.” event taking place later this week downtown. Featuring many popular and up & coming “creative folk” from over in Jersey City.
Perhaps Hoboken artists can put a cool, trendy event like this together too?
AWAKENING: Thursday, February 20, 2014 at BOA Hoboken
The 2014 RAW Jersey City season kicks off in style with AWAKENING! The event will celebrate creative arts skilled in fashion, beauty, music, visual art, photography, performing art, makeup and hair, accessories, and film!
Head on down to Boa Hoboken on the evening of Thursday, February 20, 2014 (River & Newark Streets) from 8pm to Midnight. They will celebrate with independent, multi-faceted artists who are all local, hand-picked talented artists who have been chosen to feature at RAW. See all participating artists (and buy tickets) here: http://www.rawartists.org/jerseycity/awakening.
Tickets are $15 in advance – or $20 at the door.
- ART GALLERY: Gabby Fay, Gustavo Torres, Marthalicia, RoByn Thompson, Sarah Ruthless French, Sean O’Keefe, Steven D’Arbenzio, The Amazing Julian, Uta Brauser, Todd Ramon Poston, Jay Ess, Jacqueline Hernandez, FZ Art, Agav Bond
- FASHION DESIGNERS: A. Lalite Design, ChiJonnelle, Nuda & Baby Cakes Bags & Rags
- FILM: Serringe
- HAIR & MAKEUP ARTISTS: Stefanie Savino
- LIVE MUSIC: Butch Avado, Jasper, & Lorena Phillips
- PERFORMING ART: Aj Dunk, Holly Maddock & Katelin Zelon,
- PHOTOGRAPHY: P Jung & Anna Ryabtsov
Have fun if you decide to go!
RAW: natural born artists (www.RAWartists.org) is an indie arts organization for artists, by artists. RAW operates in over 80 cities internationally, including Jersey City. Mission: RAW’s mission is to provide up-and-coming artists of all creative realms with the tools, resources, and exposure needed to inspire and cult ivate creativity so that they might be seen, heard, and loved. RAW educates, connects and exposes emerging artists in over 81 artistic communities across the United States, Australia, Canada, and the U.K. through bi- monthly showcase events. Join us in celebrating the work of these artists. For more information, please visit rawartists.org/jerseycity/awakening