Hoboken Week in Review: 10/20/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – October 20, 2013
Get out and enjoy the rest of this beautiful fall weekend!
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 20, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Ravi Bhalla Ethics Coverup – The city doesn’t want YOU to know about one of their own (corrupt) cronies.
- Citizen Cam – Video cams set up all over the place. They “say” they’re “counting cars.” Hmmm.
- Sandy Glom – How long will chatter about Sandy continue? Till all the money has been re-distributed?
- 14th Street Pier Next? – Early signs of decay on the uptown waterfront.
- Bike Friendly City – When you break it down, what does it really mean?
- Pier C Park Woes – We discover some potentially concerning tidbits about the bean shaped park.
- Hoboken Political Digest – Catching you up before the election on November 5th.
Updates & Events
- Windmill Hotdogs – Stayed only a brief while in Hoboken. The shore loves ’em better.
- Backyards Bistro – Didn’t have staying power in the back end of town.
- AHS Urgent Care – Urgent care centers popping up more frequently.
- PromptMD – Expands to a second location uptown. Buy stock in stretchers and ointment!
- MathWizard – Kids need help with numbers. Blame the f*cking iPads!
- Marciano Dental Group – Moved a block away which made room for that urgent care place.
- Luna Rosa – Owner of Galatea Linens changes names as she turns the page on her beloved business.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets – Farmers’ Markets in Hoboken winding down. The Tuesday Market downtown and Thursdays Uptown, and Saturdays Uptown.
- Bow Tie Cinemas – See the mix of movies playing this week.