Hoboken Week in Review: 6/9/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – June 9, 2013
How did you fare with the remnants of Tropical Storm Andrea? OK or not OK?
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 9, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- City botching simple fields like 1600 Park? – Apparently a square dirt field is too much for some…
- Sinking Hoboken streets – You never know when the next batch of quicksand will pop up in town…
- Hoboken nanny state – Local businesses get hurt once again by city hall. This time for garbage bags.
- Hoboken Fire Department Recruits – Congrats to the newest members of Hoboken’s bravest.
- Screwdriver nutjob – Pedestrians can be dangerous too!
- Other Hoboken photos – More new pics in the Hoboken411 gallery…
Updates & Events
- Farewell Maxwell’s – After 35 years, Maxwell’s exits the Hoboken stage next month.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets – Starting out so far is the Uptown Family Farmers’ Market on Saturdays – and the Uptown Farmers’ Market on Thursdays.
- Mike’s Furniture is Finished – Warehouse that built “unfinished” furniture also leaves Hoboken to better pastures.
- Chock Full O Nuts – Says “don’t get choked up, we’re going out of business.”
- JK Therapy – Offers useful relationship advice about finding what works for you.
- Macy’s Balloons – Were taken for practice runs up at Stevens last week! Fun!
- Clearview Cinemas – They have air conditioning