Hoboken Kayaking Embayment Paddling
Hoboken Kayaking Embayment Paddling Program at Maxwell Place
The non-profit Hoboken Cove Boathouse is back again in 2013 with their fun Hoboken kayaking program! The organization is run by a group of dedicated volunteers. Many are experienced kayakers and enjoy sharing their love of the Hudson river. Their goal is to promote free river access to the community.
The Hoboken Boathouse has sponsored free kayaking for the past nine years, serving over 8,000 paddlers.
Novices welcome to enjoy Hoboken kayaking
Kayaking Days offer a unique opportunity for Hoboken residents and visitors to experience the city from the Hudson River. The programs are free, open to all, and require no reservations. Trained kayakers will be on-hand to provide tips for new paddlers. The boathouse is located in Maxwell Place Park near the intersection of Sinatra Drive and Maxwell Place (metered parking is available on the east side of Sinatra Drive. Just don’t drown – you’ll still get a parking ticket for over 4 hours).
These Kayaking embayment programs take place close to shore, at the Maxwell Place beach. Programs are free and take place in a small bay area. All participants must know how to swim. Kids under 16 must paddle with a parent or an adult over 18. They supply the kayaks, paddles, and life jackets. It is first come first serve and when busy they have a paddle limit of about 20 minutes.
Click for information on other activities of the Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse or to volunteer – please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Hoboken Kayaking Schedule:
Please note that ALL kayaking days are subject to cancellation due to weather and river conditions.
- Saturday, June 15, 10:30am – 4:30pm
- Sunday, June 30, 12pm – 6pm
- Sunday, July 7, 9am – 12pm
- Saturday, July 13, 12pm – 6pm
- Saturday, July 20, 3pm – 7pm
- Sunday, July 28, 10:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday, August 3, 3:30pm – 7:30pm
- Sunday, August 11, 9:30am – 4pm
- Saturday, August 17, 2:30pm – 7pm
- Sunday, August 25, 9am – 3pm
- Saturday, August 31, 2pm – 7pm
- Sunday, September 1, 3pm – 8pm
- Saturday, September 14, 1:30 – 7:30pm
- Sunday, September 22, 8am – 2pm
- Saturday, September 28, 1pm – 7pm